No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how many officially were there? I know it was a lot more than last year lol
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

So we 100% confirmed what happened with my motor originally when I first bought it back in February.

The injectors got stuck open, one way or another, and fuel washed the cylinders. It blew out the rings, not allowing there to be any lubrication from oil, and caused the pistons to scour the cylinder walls. There was also a LOT of debris on top of the piston heads that should not have been there. Think tiny rocks and a washer or two...

No wonder this thing was completely shit by the time I got it. I am SO surprised it even got home the day I bought it....
      Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
      Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
      1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
      1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
      2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

i just had my injectors rebuilt for like 60$

super good deal and piece of mind

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Who does paint prep in the area? I have this Mtech 1 kit I want fully prepped for paint when my car goes into the booth. Current quote is ~$600 which I don't think is awful but wanted to get some feedback - it's side skirts, spoiler, front and rear valences that will need stripped and primered, plus a crack near the tow hook that needs repaired.
          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Haiiii

Whatsup guys, some of you might know me from other groups like PNWBMW etc... just thought id hop on here since there really isnt a very active e24 group for the PNW (there is one but there all "no-offense" super old and only want to see concourse cars).....

That being said, i got my m30b37 fired up last night, does anyone know someone in the PNW that plays with megasquirt? most of the normal tuners that id goto have all backed out..

Anyways hope i get to meet some of ya'll, pretty sure i recognize a couple :)

Comment

Would anyone be interested in my built S50? I'm thinking about pulling it for an LS I have a line on. If someone is interested, I'd want them to drive and see the car running first and put a deposit on the motor. That way we all know it runs and is in good working order. I'll toss In the miller tune chip and MAF as well. Just trying to gage interest now, not super sure what these are worth. But as Brad can attest the motor is healthy and strong running.

I'm at least a month out.
              F80 M3 Alpine
              E10 Fjord Blue 2002
              E28 Blackish 535i
              E21 Silver 320i
              Disco1 98 4.6
              ~~~~~~
              E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
              E30 325i SOLD
              E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
              E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                Would anyone be interested in my built S50? I'm thinking about pulling it for an LS I have a line on. If someone is interested, I'd want them to drive and see the car running first and put a deposit on the motor. That way we all know it runs and is in good working order. I'll toss In the miller tune chip and MAF as well. Just trying to gage interest now, not super sure what these are worth. But as Brad can attest the motor is healthy and strong running.

Shits a bucket....

Jk Yup, I can vouch for Tom. Motor pulls nice and hard and is a nicely done swap.
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Mileage on the engine? And how much are you asking for it?
                  Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Looking for some m50 #17 injectors. Anyone have some to sell or recommend somewhere to buy them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by imjusthere View Post
                      Looking for some m50 #17 injectors. Anyone have some to sell or recommend somewhere to buy them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I might have some 19's still left, ive got 24's, and 42's forsure

Comment

E30josh had some in Anacortes (Josh Franulovic)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                        sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

We're signing the closing paperwork on our new house tonight!! I can't be more excited right now
                          Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                          Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                          1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                          1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                          2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post

Send me a pm, I'm curious what you're looking for it.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

So I swapped out the god awful 17 inch boat anchors on my car for some 15x8 trm c1. I'm absolutely blown away by the difference. It feels like an entirely new car now, it's better in every way possible.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Did you buy those locally or have them already? What tires are you running?
                                sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Working...
                                X