Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    PNW is full...just stay where you are
    yup
    Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
    503.967.3800
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

    Comment


      Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      namaste
      :roll: :roll: :roll:
      Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
      503.967.3800
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

      Comment


        Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        PNW is full just stay where you are


        +2

        Also, keep dreaming for that price range.

        Expect over 1k for anything remotely decent closer in to any of the cities up here.
        Derek-

        Comment


          Yeah, cost of living here is nuts. House prices are going crazy, skyrocketing into unrealistic amounts and rent is doing the same. Seriously consider the location and research before making the jump.
          - Greg
          α Team Founding Member
          1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
          2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

          Comment


            kitsap county is cheappp. just peruse craigslist to get a good idea. I will tell you now though that all the good places get snatched up FAST!!!

            If youre willing to live in a large house with alot of room mates there are places in Seattle available for 400-500/month but not much less than that. Warning youre gonna have some crazy roomies most likely!
            Last edited by 5Toes; 01-27-2017, 04:48 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              kitsap county is cheappp. just peruse craigslist to get a good idea. I will tell you now though that all the good places get snatched up FAST!!!

              If youre willing to live in a large house with alot of room mates there are places in Seattle available for 400-500/month but not much less than that. Warning youre gonna have some crazy roomies most likely!
              word

              Comment


                Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                PNW is full just stay where you are
                This.
                sigpic
                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                  This.
                  I agree with this. Although it is not encouraging to hear this from more e30 owners. It leads me to believe PNW is full of BMW owners!

                  On a serious note. I am from Ky. You should be promoting this idea. My plan was to buy a cheap motor home. Save up a few grand to spare and make the journey and stop when I find a decent place.

                  I just want to be with the western world.

                  I don't care really how nice the places are. I have been raised to build my own home. In a town that doesn't have a mayor or a jail, to give you an idea of what I am accustom to.
                  20% Accurate

                  Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

                  Comment


                    To be honest, if you are alright with not being close in to a bigger city, prices arent terrible. The PNW has been flooded with transplants the last couple years and its beginning to get rediculous. Clogged freeways, high housing prices and generally rude people have permiated the area.
                    On the other hand there are plenty of farther out spots where land is relatively cheap and you can build easily.


                    Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                    Comment


                      What you guys aren't considering is that due to me living in my tiny poop-hole. I commute almost 100 miles daily (88 if I went to work and straight home). My understanding of driving into town is much more lax than most peoples 'want to drive'. I'm not after any city in particular. Ky is essentially composed of three things. Racism, nepotism (not only with jobs) and ignorance.

                      I almost feel nicer after chatting here. ;D
                      20% Accurate

                      Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

                      Comment


                        Allow me to share some Wiki quotes to give you an idea.

                        "The county is poor. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), says McCreary County is 91.32% dependent on the Federal government for SNAP, SSI, SSDI, Social Secutity, Medicare/Medicaid, and other government assistance programs."

                        "The per capita income for the county was $9,896. About 26.10% of families and 32.20% of the population were below the poverty line, including 40.50% of those under age 18 and 27.30% of those age 65 or over. The county's per-capita income makes it one of the poorest counties in the United States, and second only to another county in the same Kentucky region, Clay County, among counties with a majority non-Hispanic white population."

                        "McCreary County is the only Kentucky county to not have a single incorporated city. Because of this, county government is the sole local government agency for the entire county."

                        "The racial makeup of the county was 97.99% White, 0.63% Black or African American, 0.42% Native American, 0.02% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.20% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. 0.62% of the population were Hispanics or Latinos of any race."

                        This isn't a gofundme guys. I'm just very unhappy where I am from. Just saying if anyone sees some rent prices around. Just throw some numbers so I can build a plan. I do live on CL and check that frequently.
                        20% Accurate

                        Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

                        Comment


                          We aren't trying to turn you away, we're just being real with you.
                          Hank Ahrens
                          1984 Alpine Coupe
                          1978 911sc

                          Comment


                            Everyone's being a dick when your just asking for some help. Welcome to pnw homie. Ha

                            Seriously tho if you want some numbers I can't say much about Seattle but I'd say if you want to live in Portland or any of Its metro cities close by the rent would be at a 1000 to 1500 avg . That's a broad range but just think of it's this way.
                            The closer to downtown Portland you get the higher the rent will be. Vancouver rent averages at 1000 to 1200 depending on where you look and if your willing to compromise comfort for affordability ie apartments or duplex/ house. Or distance.


                            I live in a small town about 40 miles south of Portland. I commute to Sherwood about 25 mile north one way takes me about 45 mins each time with morning and evenin traffic. Hope that's gives you and idea. Good luck









                            Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
                            Allow me to share some Wiki quotes to give you an idea.

                            "The county is poor. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), says McCreary County is 91.32% dependent on the Federal government for SNAP, SSI, SSDI, Social Secutity, Medicare/Medicaid, and other government assistance programs."

                            "The per capita income for the county was $9,896. About 26.10% of families and 32.20% of the population were below the poverty line, including 40.50% of those under age 18 and 27.30% of those age 65 or over. The county's per-capita income makes it one of the poorest counties in the United States, and second only to another county in the same Kentucky region, Clay County, among counties with a majority non-Hispanic white population."

                            "McCreary County is the only Kentucky county to not have a single incorporated city. Because of this, county government is the sole local government agency for the entire county."

                            "The racial makeup of the county was 97.99% White, 0.63% Black or African American, 0.42% Native American, 0.02% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.20% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. 0.62% of the population were Hispanics or Latinos of any race."

                            This isn't a gofundme guys. I'm just very unhappy where I am from. Just saying if anyone sees some rent prices around. Just throw some numbers so I can build a plan. I do live on CL and check that frequently.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
                              Everyone's being a dick when your just asking for some help. Welcome to pnw homie. Ha

                              Seriously tho if you want some numbers I can't say much about Seattle but I'd say if you want to live in Portland or any of Its metro cities close by the rent would be at a 1000 to 1500 avg . That's a broad range but just think of it's this way.
                              The closer to downtown Portland you get the higher the rent will be. Vancouver rent averages at 1000 to 1200 depending on where you look and if your willing to compromise comfort for affordability ie apartments or duplex/ house. Or distance.


                              I live in a small town about 40 miles south of Portland. I commute to Sherwood about 25 mile north one way takes me about 45 mins each time with morning and evenin traffic. Hope that's gives you and idea. Good luck

                              Thanks for the future welcoming! :giggle:

                              That is not awful pricing. I would assume base minimum wages are somewhat higher in these areas as well. OR or WA is more ideal for me. I don't believe I could handle everything that is required to live in Cali.

                              If I move there and keep my vehicles registered in Ky for a short while, then I wouldn't have to worry about smog or whatever test you guys do?

                              What has really started this was a local paper showed studies of health and cancer 'per capita' and OR was essentially the lowest, while Ky has the highest death rates. I would like to be in an area where a pack of Marlboro reds aren't 5$ flat. It would help me continue the no smoking.

                              The only good thing I can see from being on the east cost is what when games are released by dates and times, I obtain earlier access than most.

                              That or we change Latvia to R3vlia.
                              20% Accurate

                              Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                                To be honest, if you are alright with not being close in to a bigger city, prices arent terrible. The PNW has been flooded with transplants the last couple years and its beginning to get rediculous. Clogged freeways, high housing prices and generally rude people have permiated the area.
                                On the other hand there are plenty of farther out spots where land is relatively cheap and you can build easily.


                                Sent from a payphone on the moon.

                                Yea i dont really hang out or go to Vancouver for this reason, weather it is a grocery store, or food spot, "omg im from cali and its sooo cold here omg."

                                well then leave


                                Please leave feedback below, thanks

                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X