Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Now, you're getting carried away...


    Ha thanks Austin.
    If I had an engine hoist and a lift, a (much-desired) M20 swap would be feasible. But for the time being, I'll replace the head gasket and service the cooling system. IF the block is cracked (which I doubt) then we'll talk swap.
    Fwiw this 3er has the HP22 slushbox, original (read: blown) suspension, and drums out back. So there's a lot to do before a six drops in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      m10 power I PM'd you about a head I have. it is rebuilt but I dont have receipts. The condition speaks for itself though. Id like to help you out and hook it up if youre interested please pm me back!

      Comment


        Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        m10 power I PM'd you about a head I have. it is rebuilt but I dont have receipts. The condition speaks for itself though. Id like to help you out and hook it up if youre interested please pm me back!


        Pm'd. Thanks for reaching out!


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          m10 power I PM'd you about a head I have. it is rebuilt but I dont have receipts. The condition speaks for itself though. Id like to help you out and hook it up if youre interested please pm me back!
          still havent sold that junkyard head? man...


          Please leave feedback below, thanks

          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

          Comment


            Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            still havent sold that junkyard head? man...
            Haha
            Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
            503.967.3800
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

            Comment


              Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Egypt eh?


              Have to see the cradle of life before it is obliterated.
              Derek-

              Comment


                Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Haha


                Anyone recommend a machine shop in Bham? I'll pull the head on my car this weekend and wanna have it inspected.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  just buy mine! I know it is good and it has been rebuilt already lol that and there is no waiting for a shop. I can text pictures if you need them. You cant have a head rebuilt for anywhere near $200 - that is the cost of a basic valve grinding service, hot tank, and decking with tax

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    just buy mine! I know it is good and it has been rebuilt already lol that and there is no waiting for a shop. I can text pictures if you need them. You cant have a head rebuilt for anywhere near $200 - that is the cost of a basic valve grinding service, hot tank, and decking with tax


                    At this stage I just don't know if mine needs to be replaced.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      Bought an Alpina steering wheel this morning...

                      Came with a free E23 733i/5.
                      Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                      503.967.3800
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        Bought an Alpina steering wheel this morning...

                        Came with a free E23 733i/5.
                        There's a 733i down the street from my house...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by MortyCrock View Post
                          There's a 733i down the street from my house...
                          Pulling the 5-speed stuff, the steering wheel and the cat and calling the scrapper.
                          Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                          503.967.3800
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                          Comment


                            What intake is on the m30? I'm kinda itching to squeeze an m30 into an e21..
                            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                            2006 BMW X3
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Bought an Alpina steering wheel this morning...

                              Came with a free E23 733i/5.
                              thanks to me
                              WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                              Zachary Ripley

                              85 318i M50B25tu.
                              92 525it 5 speed.
                              80 244gl (m60 prepping).

                              Comment


                                Quick question

                                Can i use the trans cross member from a 96 328i with zf trans on my 24v swap. Thought I read somewhere that it was the same. Thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X