Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    just buy mine! I know it is good and it has been rebuilt already lol that and there is no waiting for a shop. I can text pictures if you need them. You cant have a head rebuilt for anywhere near $200 - that is the cost of a basic valve grinding service, hot tank, and decking with tax
    I had 220k valve guides in my s52, they looked new, and had no issues. Your trying super hard to get rid of that head.

    Should have left it on the car, there just isnt a market for used m10 parts these days


    Please leave feedback below, thanks

    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

    Comment


      Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      What intake is on the m30? I'm kinda itching to squeeze an m30 into an e21..
      Your standard Motronic style M30 intake manifold, of course! I'm happy to sell you the entire engine... :)
      Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
      503.967.3800
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

      Comment


        Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Pulling the 5-speed stuff, the steering wheel and the cat and calling the scrapper.
        What kinda diff that have in it?
        sigpic
        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

        Comment


          yes interested in the diff... it should have a 3.25 - possibly a 3.46?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
            What kinda diff that have in it?
            I'm guessing a 3.25 open, medium case. Not sure if I'll bother pulling it. I know it's not a limited slip, for sure.
            Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
            503.967.3800
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

            Comment


              3.25 is such nice gearing for our cars - I know Ive gotten loads of flack for it and how "slow" it is but its one of the first things gearheads notice about my car the "old school long gears".

              Anybody in Seattle/Tacoma area a carpenter with a capable shop? I need some help building my speaker cabinets and the guy I have lined up now may be too busy. I will pay for your time and tools but I would like to help and learn throughout the process. Pizza and beer too!!! I have all my cutsheets made and everything, buying the materials soon.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                I'm guessing a 3.25 open, medium case. Not sure if I'll bother pulling it. I know it's not a limited slip, for sure.
                Bummer. I have a whine in the rear of the alpine and im not sure its the diff or wheel bearings...
                Ill most likely rebuild the diff in any case but i really dont wantto have to do those rear bearings. Ive heard they are a massive bitch.

                Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                sigpic
                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                Comment


                  Sent from my keyboard using my hands


                  Please leave feedback below, thanks

                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    Sent from my keyboard using my hands
                    Meh.
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                      Bummer. I have a whine in the rear of the alpine and im not sure its the diff or wheel bearings...
                      Ill most likely rebuild the diff in any case but i really dont wantto have to do those rear bearings. Ive heard they are a massive bitch.

                      Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                      The wheel bearings aren't that hard of a job. Takes a few hours. If you can do a timing belt job on an M20, and you have the correct tools for doing rear wheel bearings, you can do it in an afternoon. The biggest bitch of it all is getting an axle out if it's seized in there...ask me how I know.
                      Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                      503.967.3800
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        Bought an Alpina steering wheel this morning...

                        Came with a free E23 733i/5.
                        Ill take that flywheel off your hands if its available
                        m106 1990 e30
                        e36 daily
                        e32 cruiser

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          The wheel bearings aren't that hard of a job. Takes a few hours. If you can do a timing belt job on an M20, and you have the correct tools for doing rear wheel bearings, you can do it in an afternoon. The biggest bitch of it all is getting an axle out if it's seized in there...ask me how I know.
                          Well thats good to know. I figure a torch would come in handy if that were the case.

                          Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                          sigpic
                          Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                            Ill take that flywheel off your hands if its available
                            May have sold the entire car complete to someone on here. Will let you know if that doesn't happen, and if it's the 533i/M5 flywheel.
                            Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                            503.967.3800
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                              3.25 is such nice gearing for our cars - I know Ive gotten loads of flack for it and how "slow" it is but its one of the first things gearheads notice about my car the "old school long gears".

                              .

                              You have a 2 spd powerglide or something?




                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                              Comment


                                their words not mine dude :) I have a honda as far as most e30 enthusiasts are concerned.........

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X