Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    What does a m20b25 head go for now days? I have one that needs a valve job (t belt snapped and crunched some valves). It has 10 rockers (marked 04 febi), two rocker shafts, and a cam w/sprocket.


    A good casting is worth 100-150


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Comment


      Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
      A good casting is worth 100-150


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Thanks. I think it's good. I looked it over for cracks and didn't find anything obvious
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

      Comment


        Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        Thanks. I think it's good. I looked it over for cracks and didn't find anything obvious


        The head shop I use to sell them to would always pressure test before buying anything anyway


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

        Comment


          reason #997 why the m42 is better - breeze to replace the oil pan after you break it :) and cheap oil pans too lol I hit some rocks last night on a dirt road..

          Comment


            Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            reason #997 why the m42 is better - breeze to replace the oil pan after you break it :) and cheap oil pans too lol I hit some rocks last night on a dirt road..


            M20 is easy too. 24v is stupid


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

            Comment


              m20 is a 2hour job but still easy no doubt!. m42 is about 30mins

              Comment


                Which reminds me, does any have any m20 skid plates sitting around? I need two of them


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                Comment


                  I might have the Red46 one off the race car. It's not pretty but if I can find it, I'd cut you a deal on it.
                  1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                  2006 BMW X3
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    I might have the Red46 one off the race car. It's not pretty but if I can find it, I'd cut you a deal on it.


                    Cool lmk


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                      Which reminds me, does any have any m20 skid plates sitting around? I need two of them


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      www.red46.net
                      Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                      503.967.3800
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                      Comment


                        I can sell you Red 46 plates. Im having a sale

                        http://www.2mshiftboots.com/product/red46-skid-plates


                        Please leave feedback below, thanks

                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                          I can sell you Red 46 plates. Im having a sale

                          http://www.2mshiftboots.com/product/red46-skid-plates


                          I'm in no hurry, the sedan and henna aren't low enough for it to be necessary, but if someone is doing a 24v swap or something and has one laying around on the cheap I'll take it.





                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                          Comment


                            On another note where's the audio experts? I got all this for free, I plan on using the jl, I know nothing about insignia I've never even heard of it, they look nice, they have Giant magnets, but there's no specs or anything.

                            Obviously wouldn't be putting both of them in an e30 that's just dumb, I just don't know if they are worth keeping around


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                            Comment


                              Insignia used to be good.. Depends how old they are. Did you test them yet?
                              1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                              2006 BMW X3
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Insignia used to be good.. Depends how old they are. Did you test them yet?


                                No, all I've done is take one out to look at it, whoever set this up was retarded, they had like 20g speaker wire on all 3 of these.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X