Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just do the 9v test to at least check that they aren't blown..

    But they'd be decent open air subs.
    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
    2006 BMW X3
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

    Comment


      Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Just do the 9v test to at least check that they aren't blown..

      But they'd be decent open air subs.


      My stereo knowledge is limited, you're speaking jiberesh


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

      Comment


        ..actually, it looks like they are not the same brand I was thinking of. This is a newer off brand it would appear - but seems like they are decent for a lower cost sub:

        https://www.overstock.com/Electronic...2/product.html

        The 9v test is a quick and dirty test were you just touch a 9v battery to the leads on the sub/speaker. It just energizes the coil and is a test to see if the cone and coil work..
        1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
        2006 BMW X3
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

        Comment


          PNW Chit Chat thread

          Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          ..actually, it looks like they are not the same brand I was thinking of. This is a newer off brand it would appear - but seems like they are decent for a lower cost sub:

          https://www.overstock.com/Electronic...2/product.html


          Looks like junk. I have two amps as well I should look into those.

          I kind of want to have some fun, I used to have an 89 chevy celebrity Eurosport, I had 4 12's, 3 amps pushing 4000 combined watts, I busted the back window out of the car, I had like 600 into the car and system it was fun. Best car I ever owned.

          13 years ago this was awesome jajajjajajajajajaja


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Pdxseth; 05-25-2017, 08:09 AM.

          Comment


            haha my neighbors hate my 6 18s at home on 7,500watts RMS lol it does make for good DJing practice :) the old rude lady "reported me" but nothing has happened - Ive been trying not to turn it up lately lol

            Comment


              Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              haha my neighbors hate my 6 18s at home on 7,500watts RMS lol it does make for good DJing practice :)


              Jesus Christ..... i live in an apartment I have a little 50$ Fred Meyer special blue tooth dealy bob, I can't even turn it up all the way without pissing off the neighbors.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

              Comment


                ...except for the fact it was a Chevy Celebrity. :)

                I rocked a Chevy Lumina for a short while with the 2.8 or 3.1 (can't recall which one it hand at the moment.) POS kept frying injector harnesses. Tried every trick I could to make that thing sporty/fast.

                In the end, I let Ron Tonkin repossess it.

                Then I got f*@#$@ by their finance department because they couldn't resell the lemon they had sold me. It's why I don't buy cars from dealers and don't finance through them ever.
                1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                2006 BMW X3
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                Comment


                  Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  ...except for the fact it was a Chevy Celebrity. :)

                  I rocked a Chevy Lumina for a short while with the 2.8 or 3.1 (can't recall which one it hand at the moment.) POS kept frying injector harnesses. Tried every trick I could to make that thing sporty/fast.

                  In the end, I let Ron Tonkin repossess it.

                  Then I got f*@#$@ by their finance department because they couldn't resell the lemon they had sold me. It's why I don't buy cars from dealers and don't finance through them ever.


                  I bought my celebrity for 350$ my mom had a 64 impala with a truck full of stereo equipment, i couldn't fit all of it, I spent a bit of money on wiring, I put a flow master 40 series on the car, cold air intake and my coworker gave me a bunch of money for the car which paid for my first e30


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                  Comment


                    I rocked a Chevy Lumina
                    The ONLY way to do that is jump up and down on the front bumper... really...
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                      The ONLY way to do that is jump up and down on the front bumper... really...


                      Who says I didn't? [emoji12]


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                      2006 BMW X3
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                      Comment


                        anybody interested in a cheap autopower 4 pt weld in cage for an e21?

                        Comment


                          Safety third?

                          Cheap...cage? Haha!

                          Just kidding.

                          OTE=5Toes;4786174]anybody interested in a cheap autopower 4 pt weld in cage for an e21?[/QUOTE]
                          Last edited by M10Power; 05-25-2017, 09:49 PM. Reason: rudeness

                          Comment


                            If we are offering random stuff, I have a TD04 turbocharger laying around I'm never gonna use... Lol.
                            Hell, I'll trade you for a shitty sub and amp Seth. 😋
                            sigpic
                            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                              haha my neighbors hate my 6 18s at home on 7,500watts RMS lol it does make for good DJing practice :) the old rude lady "reported me" but nothing has happened - Ive been trying not to turn it up lately lol
                              Dude.

                              a.) I don't believe you have 7k watts, but I could be wrong, maybe you've been pinching your pennies, and have some killer amps for your gigs.

                              b.) Learn to be a good neighbor. If you are bumping 6 18' woofers and someone told you to shut it down, you wouldn't just be getting "caught", you could be taken to court for the loss of enjoyment of their property - the laws regarding that are simple. They can sue you. Plus, it just makes you a shitty person. Not "Lol", or ":)" - just a crappy neighbor.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

                              Comment


                                pro-audio amplifiers are pretty gnarly George, and I do have some loud music issues, but I rarely ever turn it up that loud
                                Last edited by 5Toes; 05-26-2017, 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X