PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    BTW if you are looking for lock nuts for E30 dont buy those trash 'oem' ones that are the squiggly line type, the metal is too soft and they strip.

Ask me how i know.
    Hahaha okay thanks for the advice, do you think these ones I linked earlier are worth getting?

Comment

i would not recommend splined lugs, just get standard ones

you will fuckin' hate life if you can't find the adapter

Comment

hit up kaliboy, he makes good shit, i wont go anywhere else for wheel hardware.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Splined ones are fine, I have them on my Suzuki. I just bought a couple more of the adapters.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
            Is it possible that my cps is broken even though my car has spark and fuel? My old cps wire was cut by the timing belt so i bought a new cps but it is not anything like the oem one. When I try to start my car it turns over and sounds like it wants to start but doesn't. And whenever i pull out my spark plugs they smell like fuel

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
            Pull all the plugs, pull the fuel pump relay, crank it for 5-10 seconds, drop a little bit of oil down each cylinder, reinstall plugs and fuel pump relay, fire it.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Pull all the plugs, pull the fuel pump relay, crank it for 5-10 seconds, drop a little bit of oil down each cylinder, reinstall plugs and fuel pump relay, fire it.
              Just use a syringe or what to put the oil down there? Like a teaspoon of oil or how much? Thanks for the tips

Comment

You can use one of those piston style oil squirters. O'Reilly's sells them.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

ah yes, the pistol oiler

i like

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    ah yes, the pistol oiler

i like
                    Yup just bought it

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Okay so i did it 3 times and it started for 2 seconds then shut off. I didnt check the spark plug gap because i couldnt find a gapper but atleast it started

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
                        Okay so i did it 3 times and it started for 2 seconds then shut off. I didnt check the spark plug gap because i couldnt find a gapper but atleast it started

Works every morning when Austin starts his cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          Works every morning when Austin starts his cars.

lmao it did make it start though.

Comment

Is it possible you could have mixed up the cps and tps plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              Is it possible you could have mixed up the cps and tps plugs?

lol im 99 percent sure that i didnt even touch the tps plug. The timing belt sawed through the old cps sensor thats when it started being a retard engine. But i also replaced the plugs and didnt gap them but i dont think that would foul out the plugs every time i start it. Ill check that i didnt swap the cps and tps plug in tomorrow

Comment

okm to save you some headache.

essentially any bmw motor from 1999 and before will run with everything unplugged, except crank sensor.

i tested this theory on my s52 and m50. Granted they run like shit, but they run. The crank is basically the most important sensor, and interacts will all others

Comment

Working...
                                X