No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather have an e34 touring with a v8. It'd be more utilitarian if that's the pro argument for e30 tourings. Plus Action Bronson has one tattooed on his arm. So e34 touring = Action = getting coke snorted off your dick.

/argument
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

If e30 tourings were made like the first one I'd be more into them, a large part of the touring turn off for me is late model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

do you just mean tail lights and rear arches?

id love a touring with drum brakes and tiny shocks

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
          do you just mean tail lights and rear arches?

id love a touring with drum brakes and tiny shocks

That and early euro bumpers

Comment

M/S62 swapped E30 touring would be my perfect daily driver. Glorious V8 noises, E30 driving dynamics with wagon practicality and style.

Comment

I just met a guy tonight who has a Touring, and several other E30s, and E21s, and a Bavaria.....and he's putting a V-12 from a 750i into what's left of an E21...because race car I think.

Comment

that is going to be the coolest pro3 car
                Not legal, methinks.

Also ixnay on the top-drop-ay.

Me, I now want an e21 touring... ooo, or 'compact'!

heh
                t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  I don't understand why everyone wants a mommy missle.

I've just always liked Euro Wagons....
                  I'd love to get a E30 touring, I just don't want to pay the price to get one.
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    Who lives east of Portland (by 25-250 miles) but in the path of the eclipse that is having a gathering? I'll bring BMW goodies for free.
                    I was just cruising this thread to see if anyone was up for watching the Eclipse. I'll be up in the M3, not sure where at this point. The plan is to drive down from Sequim WA. early Monday morning. I was thinking about trying to come down 101 along the coast, but not sure if I'll get screwed with traffic or not. Was then thinking of heading for McMinnville. The Evergreen Air and Space museum is doing a thing there, and its in the path of totality. I have a feeling I5 will be a mess due to rush hour traffic and extra tourists so I was thinking of coming in from either the coast or down highway 32(?) from the northwest.

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Traffic will be royally fucked anywhere you plan to go this weekend. I have zero intentions of leaving my house for any reason (I have serious anxiety issues when it comes to traffic related stuff), but on the off chance I need to, I'll be biking...
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                        I'm with Seth on this one. Why would anyone want a top heavy e30. E30s are sup posed to handle well, seeing that they're slow as shit.
                        I looked at a touring when I was hunting for a shell for the Henna. E30 M3 touring sounded like a cool project, especially for unicorn status. But then I realized I didn't actually *want* a wagon. I had gotten sucked into the touring "craze" because they weren't sold here and that makes people want them.

*flamesuit on* I have the same opinion on cloth seats. People spend ungodly amounts on various rare patterns of cloth sport seats that never made it to the US as an "upgrade" over leather. Really? Cloth? Cloth???

I drive well-optioned European cars so my ass never has to touch cloth ever again. I don't understand it.
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                          I looked at a touring when I was hunting for a shell for the Henna. E30 M3 touring sounded like a cool project, especially for unicorn status. But then I realized I didn't actually *want* a wagon. I had gotten sucked into the touring "craze" because they weren't sold here and that makes people want them.

*flamesuit on* I have the same opinion on cloth seats. People spend ungodly amounts on various rare patterns of cloth sport seats that never made it to the US as an "upgrade" over leather. Really? Cloth? Cloth???

I drive well-optioned European cars so my ass never has to touch cloth ever again. I don't understand it.
                          I got my sets of Uberkaro cloth and anthracite houndstooth cloth for very reasonable prices, but I never would have paid what the stuff actually goes for...ridiculous. Same goes for E30 M3 seats. Had I not gotten into E30s when I did, I would have never been able to afford what stuff costs now.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

maybe some people just like cloth better? weird right, different strokes for different folks

i really like the patterned seats in my GTI

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              maybe some people just like cloth better? weird right, different strokes for different folks

i really like the patterned seats in my GTI
                              I would take cloth over fake leather, so I understand that. But no way over real leather. I bought my first Saab 900 when I was 17, all 900 turbos in the US came with leather standard. Never looked back..

I like the defense of "well it holds you in the seat better in the turns!!"
                              Ok Ricky Bobby, I'm sure you really need that extra grip on your drive to Safeway.
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

I'm not a big fan of leather in the summer with shorts. I'm a sweaty dude, if I get hot, I'll be slip sliding my way around the drivers seat.

Count me as the weird one then, because I like tourings and cloth seats.. but then again, I don't do shit to please other people. :devil:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X