No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, are we talking tabs or insurance? When did driving record relate to tabs?

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
      Wait, are we talking tabs or insurance? When did driving record relate to tabs?
      Tabs, but hes confused and is thinking of insurance.

The S5s tabs were 250. In total we spent about 500 between three cars just for tabs. I also paid $80 for my orca pass. So yeah, Seattle is great.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        Tabs, but hes confused and is thinking of insurance.

The S5s tabs were 250. In total we spent about 500 between three cars just for tabs. I also paid $80 for my orca pass. So yeah, Seattle is great.

Ok, yeah, I’m in Seattle city limits so I pay taxes on my taxes. lol I licensed my project as a collector car. With year of manufacture plate (Singular. You only need one on the rear for year of manufacture), so that wasn’t bad and you only pay once, but my wife’s car and my daily are a lot.

Comment

In BC tabs, insurance, plates etc...it's all the same thing that's run by the gov't.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
            Those fuckwits also don't realize that we are a lot more spread out here, than in europe, and rail transport doesn't work as well here..

This..

They skip over that based off pure land mass, the UK is only the size of Oregon. But then again, east coast people feel the same way when they come west. The concept of driving most of the day and still being in the same state is mind boggling. Everyone forgets how fricking huge the US is west of the Mississippi..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
              Those fuckwits also don't realize that we are a lot more spread out here, than in europe, and rail transport doesn't work as well here. I lived there for 3 years, and we did ride trains everywhere long distance, but short trips, we still drove. When I was in Germany, Gas was about $5 to $6 a gallon on post, More if you had to buy it off post. Needless to say, If we did have to drive long distances, we tried to plan the trip around access to military bases.

I am a train guy also, I love trains, and I'd love to have the same setup here like they have there, It just wont work though. We MIGHT have had a chance to have something worth while if the Railroads and government would have had a little bit of foresight, and didn't sell off right of ways, and rail lines when they closed. Or turn the fucking things into trails.

ive done a lot of work for bnsf and security for amtrak etc. I have seen the detailed budgets in side the terminals posted for employees, and about 6-7% of the operating cost is covered by tickets and cargo shipping...

its ridiculous. I see amtrak trains all the time with like 10 people aboard

not to mention I have taken amtrak from Kelso, to like seattle area, took the same amount of time, if i recal, about 2.5 hours. Since when they pass through cities, they have to reduce speed, or populated areas. And we are still on the free way going 60-70

190 mph if your 5 toes in your naturally aspirated m42, that gets 60mpg

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                In BC tabs, insurance, plates etc...it's all the same thing that's run by the gov't.
                So you can't really compare. We're talking about only registration, not insurance, which is anywhere from around (just guessing based on my own personal experience) $100-300 usd a month.

Comment

190 mph if your 5 toes in your naturally aspirated m42, that gets 60mpg[/QUOTE]

Comment

So you can't really compare. We're talking about only registration, not insurance, which is anywhere from around (just guessing based on my own personal experience) $100-300 usd a month.
                    Please let me know of anyone in the US currently paying $250+/ month for car insurance with no history of accidents/tickets etc.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      Please let me know of anyone in the US currently paying $250+/ month for car insurance with no history of accidents/tickets etc.
                      It's entirely dependent upon the car, the coverage, the amount driven, location, and personal factors such as age, gender, etc. I have a friend who was up around there with his WRX without tickets or accidents. One our of own cars costs just under 200 a month. Even my E30 is around $110. Neither of us have had tickets in close to 10 years (fall off after 7), nor any accidents.

Insurance in the Seattle area is expensive.
                      Last edited by DrJosh; 01-16-2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

It's entirely dependent upon the car, the coverage, the amount driven, location, and personal factors such as age, gender, etc. I have a friend who was up around there with his WRX without tickets or accidents. One our of own cars costs just under 200 a month. Even my E30 is around $110. Neither of us have had tickets in close to 10 years (fall off after 7), nor any accidents.

Insurance in the Seattle area is expensive.
                        I have a customer friend paying about 1000$ a monthy for bently GT continental, and he pays 20$ for a gallon of gas. 5$ a litre RIP
                        and a person who gets work done at his shop with a veyron paying 3000$ a month i think? not sure on exact figure

I pay 150$ a month for full coverage for e36 M3, no record, the e30 was about 70-100 i believe.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

My car doesn't fire up and I have zero ambition to fix it. It's always something with this stupid ass car

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                            My car doesn't fire up and I have zero ambition to fix it. It's always something with this stupid ass car
                            stupid ass.
                            wow.
                            you poor thing..
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            '90 325i sedan daily driven
                            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                              stupid ass.
                              wow.
                              you poor thing..
                              Are you drunk already?