PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ehrawn
    Wrencher
    • Aug 2023
    • 225

    #41746
    It’s beautiful day in the PNW. Stretch those legs.

    Comment

    • Munich Man
      E30 Addict
      • Jan 2011
      • 516

      #41747
      Seems like R3V has died.. but if there's anyone still out there in the PNW that might have a 3.73 or lower ratio LSD they're looking to get rid of I could use one

      Comment

      • 2mAn
        Señior Mod
        • Aug 2010
        • 20982

        #41748
        Originally posted by Munich Man
        Seems like R3V has died.. but if there's anyone still out there in the PNW that might have a 3.73 or lower ratio LSD they're looking to get rid of I could use one
        Most of the regional chit chat threads have died... but we're still here.

        Better chance posting in the WTB (watch out for scammers)... sadly Facebook Marketplace is probably a better spot.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1966 Blue Boat
        -1969 Red VW
        -1986 White BMW
        -2006 Green Thing

        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment

        • ehrawn
          Wrencher
          • Aug 2023
          • 225

          #41749
          Originally posted by Munich Man
          Seems like R3V has died…
          There’s still a contingent refusing to give up. Hope to see you on the road.

          Comment

          • delamaize
            E30 Fanatic
            • Nov 2013
            • 1463

            #41750
            Originally posted by Munich Man
            Seems like R3V has died..
            I'm still here, M60 Swap still Fucks....

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20260825_084738.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	10166024
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

            Comment

            • 2mAn
              Señior Mod
              • Aug 2010
              • 20982

              #41751
              It always cracks me up when people who havent logged in and shared anything for years, pop in and say "this place is dead" then disappear for another year, only to return to say the same sh!t....

              Cant seem to connect their complaint with the situation...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1966 Blue Boat
              -1969 Red VW
              -1986 White BMW
              -2006 Green Thing

              Make R3V Great Again -2020

              Comment

              • TobyB
                R3V Elite
                • Oct 2011
                • 5286

                #41752
                Originally posted by Munich Man
                Seems like R3V has died.. but if there's anyone still out there in the PNW that might have a 3.73 or lower ratio LSD they're looking to get rid of I could use one
                you can't get a diff from a dead man.

                'dead men sell no diffs' spoken like a parrot.

                t
                does not support that rules change proposal.
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

                Comment

                • ehrawn
                  Wrencher
                  • Aug 2023
                  • 225

                  #41753
                  Saw a super clean bronzit coupe cruizing Bainbridge Island this morning. Anyone here?

                  Comment

                  • ehrawn
                    Wrencher
                    • Aug 2023
                    • 225

                    #41754
                    Bainbridge is lousy with boxy bimmers
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	10166432

                    Comment

                    • Maybe Magpie
                      Advanced Member
                      • Apr 2020
                      • 147

                      #41755
                      PNW winter coming soon... I daily my car year-round (not literally, I don't commute every day) but I was wondering if anyone has tips on winterizing our cars out here. I have working A/C (hallelujah R134a conversion) for defog and I use those big honking dessicant reusable pack things but I'm wide open to suggestions for keeping my car content in the wet season.
                      i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn​

                      stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart ♫ ​

                      Comment

                      • ehrawn
                        Wrencher
                        • Aug 2023
                        • 225

                        #41756
                        Originally posted by Maybe Magpie
                        I'm wide open to suggestions for keeping my car content in the wet season.
                        As long as you’re close to sea level, we don’t have much to deal with. General advice is just do good maintenance.
                        -Thoroughly wash your car including engine bay and under your chassis. Use this as an opportunity to inspect the condition of everything (hoses, bushings, hubs, brakes, tires, rust, etc)
                        -do the Inspection I or II actions. Consider a brake fluid flush as it can absorb water over time.
                        -Replace wipers (water repellent coating if you want)

                        ”three peak” all season tires are good enough for our climate, but winter tires offer a lot of safety. You don’t need studs.

                        Comment

                        • iansane
                          E30 Fanatic
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 1343

                          #41757
                          Originally posted by ehrawn
                          ”three peak” all season tires are good enough for our climate, but winter tires offer a lot of safety. You don’t need studs.
                          Oh man, I ran studs on my e car the first year I had it and it was unstoppable in the snow! Total overkill. Regular all seasons would get you around on all but the worst of our winter days.
                          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350 - 15 SS - 84 Biturbo - 91 Defender

                          Comment

                          • Maybe Magpie
                            Advanced Member
                            • Apr 2020
                            • 147

                            #41758
                            Originally posted by ehrawn

                            As long as you’re close to sea level, we don’t have much to deal with. General advice is just do good maintenance.
                            -Thoroughly wash your car including engine bay and under your chassis. Use this as an opportunity to inspect the condition of everything (hoses, bushings, hubs, brakes, tires, rust, etc)
                            -do the Inspection I or II actions. Consider a brake fluid flush as it can absorb water over time.
                            -Replace wipers (water repellent coating if you want)

                            ”three peak” all season tires are good enough for our climate, but winter tires offer a lot of safety. You don’t need studs.
                            My brake fluid's like a year old (5spd swap) and I intend to do some RainX coating on my glass too, yeah. Front suspension and engine mounts were replaced this spring and I'm gearing up to do rear over the autumn (all I have left to get are a few reinforcement bits, the shocks, and the RSB/RTAB tools). Replacing my old elephant trunk that's rock-hard with an FDM printed elastomer rubber one and using that gummi pflejasfkhashfwhatever crap to refresh my seals a little. Thanks.

                            My toyos sadly kinda suck ass in the cold and especially snow but I can't justify getting a set of snows until I have 15"s for summer tires and relegate my 14"s to winter duty, wompwomp. Thanks :)
                            i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn​

                            stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart ♫ ​

                            Comment

                            Working...