• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1craze30
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Fine. Wafers.

You could do that too, but it was actually fun rekeying the locks. Learned a new skill and all my locks match now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's really a sweet feeling when you learn something new that nearly most people dont know how to do. Makes you feel more valuable, even though nobody cares.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Fine. Wafers.

You could do that too, but it was actually fun rekeying the locks. Learned a new skill and all my locks match now..

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    wafers, Plance, wafers. Like waffles, you know?

Our local locksmith's a genius at making them out of VW wafers,
    so I just take mine to her. Seldom does it cost more than $50.

t

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
    I'm really tired of my locks being ghetto as fuck

how much am i looking at to get my 4dr rekeyed? ignition works but trunk doesn't and who tf knows about the doors

Just rekey it yourself.

It’s not super difficult to do, more just time. I did it it to the Alpina. You’ll pull apart the one lock that works with the key you have. Then right down the sequence of the chips/tumblers..etc.
    Then just pull the other locks apart and put the chips in the same order. You may have to find some other spare locks to make the complete set match (I had a bunch of spares that I robbed chips from.)

Once you get through the first one, the rest get easier.

Leave a comment:

• ncsubowen
    replied
    Originally posted by iansane View Post
    So I've already made the order for new wheels but I was interested in hearing what other peoples opinions on finish were. I had a hard time concreting the details.

I bought rotiform MLW in a 2pc welded style, so no bolts on the face.

I had originally just assumed I was going to go with a gloss silver until I saw their matte options. I presumed the nice glossy finish of the wheels would juxtapose the shoddy paint and overall haggard nature of my car. However, the matte silver and matte anthracite look really good I think.

I ended up ordering matte anthracite. Thoughts?
    me gusta

only concern would be how well matte finish holds up to regular use

Leave a comment:

Working...
X