No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed because it was a bad motor, or just too expensive? Like that thing they had a few years back---uhhh the Phaeton??

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt it late model cars, or atleast mine, that have the heater core integrated inside of the radiator???

Comment

No. The only thing integrated into the radiator is the transmission cooler (for autos like yours). To have a heater core in the rad would mean having to run ducting from the fan inside the cabin to the radiator then back again. Check it out yourself. Look for the two hoses on the firewall just behind the valve cover. Those are the water pipes for the core.

Comment

Oh yes, makes sense now. And you have to turn heat on when doing coolant to get them to open.

Okay, I was confused... surprise! Ill take a look when I get home, Im in the UP of Michigan now.

Comment

The heater core is basically a mini radiator. Air gets blown through it to heat the cabin. Upper Peninsula? Nice. When I retire, I'm taking the motorhome up there.

Comment

They are the same system, but not the same unit.. The heater works like the radiator, in that it transfers heat from the liquid flowing through it's core to the air passing over it. The radiator uses this heat transfer to cool the engine coolant, which then passes through the engine and absorbs the heat from the engine block. On the other end, the heater fan passes ambient air from the cabin, or outside (depending on how you have the vent set), and passes it over the core, heating the air which is blown into the cabin by ducks and vents under the dash.

Both heater and radiator are fed from the engine coolant.

Hope that helps..
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Thanks guys, I know how it works, but just confused where it was.

Keith... it is nice here. No doubt. We drove here, and arrived last night around 8 their time. We left 6 am sharp Sunday. So not too bad of a drive, it sounds so much worse on paper.

We are in the "soo", or Sault Ste Marie area if you care to look it up

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                  Ooooh, there's VW lovers around. Well, let me show you something.....

My old beater R32:
                  "Old beater R32"??

I'd give up all my male junk for an R32. Very nice.

Comment

Neat cars, but I wouldn't give up my junk for a VW.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                      "Old beater R32"??

I'd give up all my male junk for an R32. Very nice.
                      I bought one new in 2004 and sold it when it appreciated in 2006. I made $5000 by owning it for 2 years. Wish I would have kept it instead. It is my favorite car that I've owned so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                        I bought one new in 2004 and sold it when it appreciated in 2006. I made $5000 by owning it for 2 years. Wish I would have kept it instead. It is my favorite car that I've owned so far.

I remember those crazy times... the R32 hype beast was totally out of control. They're cool cars, but... an R32 costing more than a GTO? No.

/former GTO owner if anyone cares.

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Thinking about buying an old Porsche...something from the 80's... :)

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                            Thinking about buying an old Porsche...something from the 80's... :)
                            You anit gotta lie ta kick it
                            Originally posted by bmwm42
                            PNW vulture pm me for parts
                            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Maybe a toy car? Lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Damn you cerote's bring me down. For real though, I got my eyes on two 924's right meow... I'm considering raping my savings account lol

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Working...
                                X