PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Yeah Stephen, nothing rattles... Ever... Exactly.
    find a trunk rattle from my sub because i removed deadening and i will give you a dollar.

Comment

Andrew-they make a roll on bedliner that may suit your needs. Saves a bunch of masking and there will be enough to put several layers on.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        Well its out. I just wish I didn't remove the way I did, dry ice would of left no scratches on the paint underneath... lol

I want a subwoofer damn it! Thats why it is out
        What'd you think it was gonna look like after SCRAPING the tar off with a flathead screwdriver! There is a right way to do it you know!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

You should take Keith's advice. Should fill in any deep scratches and whatnot.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            What'd you think it was gonna look like after SCRAPING the tar off with a flathead screwdriver! There is a right way to do it you know!
            Pwnage.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That roll in stuff works pretty good, used it before and it does a real good job of leveling.. Also works great as anti-skid on bare floors in racecars (instead of grip tape..)

^ Lol how many E30s have you owned?
              Only one (that I know of) but most cars are designed around the same principals; not exactly reinventing the wheel every year so to say. But in case you care, I have owned probably close to 30 cars over my short time on this planet... and beyond 4 wheels and a gas pedal, there are many similarities in design, no one is "truly unique"
              Last edited by djjerme; 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Well after supreme flaming... I dont have enough money to buy 10 lbs of dry ice... I could save that for a nice amp or something.

Im not sure how that roll on bedliner would work, because there is that glue and stuff BWM used on the metal, as well as it is not completely flat. Oh and $170 for a bondo 75 square foot kit... hell to the no

Prep work is fine by me :p

That is where the idea comes from, and I might do it... just not now. Likely on spring break. Masking is going to suck :(
                Last edited by 5Toes; 10-10-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Before:

After (bad shot... I finished it all up late that night and didn't take any pics):

Comment

yeah dry ice would make the whole process go alot faster. good luck with that
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Stay the fuck away from anything with the word Bondo in it. I can buy a gallon kit of non Bondo brand for $100. It comes with rollers you can use on truck beds so the will work fine in your trunk.

Comment

I just googled "roll on bed liner" went under shopping and that was the first hit. I didn't search hard at all. lol

Comment

Get ahold of me when you are ready. I'm going to do my trunk as well and maybe we can split the costs.

Comment

Sounds like a plan Keith. I am ready whenever really. But you are just a drive away :(

Comment

huh, i was able to just peel it off by hand. parked the car in the sun all day, popped the trunk and just started peeling it off. sticky as heck but quite easy, nothing like my last subaru's sound deadening.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

I think people just want to do the dry ice thing cause it sounds cool. :|

You can also use a heat gun. The only thing that really takes the film of tar left over is mineral spirits. Works like a charm.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X