PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
    Oh, and if you are swapping Phil's M20i engine and using Eric's 5 speed setup it will be fine. The trans out of his vert parts car is already behind an 'i' motor, so it will fit behind an 'i' engine without issue. Make sure you get the harness and DME from Phil's car also. But I am sure you already knew that ;)
    So what you're saying is that both the parts I am shopping basically bolt up, I just need to get an 86e driveshaft to get her moving?

edit: Yeah he said it was solid and came with everything I needed. So my only issue than is the drive shafts right? Because the 86e are shorter than the i models
    Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-26-2011, 02:43 PM. Reason: edit
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
      So what you're saying is that both the parts I am shopping basically bolt up, I just need to get an 86e driveshaft to get her moving?
      Yes, doesn't matter the year of the vert, they all got 'i' motors. And as far as driveshafts any manual shaft should work

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

Yes, doesn't matter the year of the vert, they all got 'i' motors. And as far as driveshafts any manual shaft should work
        Omg this shit could work. Holy shit why did I think I was getting an 88 eta transmission haha. All I need for the 86e to work is the i model driveshaft, right Lucky?

Comment

Yes sir

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Grrrr

The fuelinjector harness connector is stuck. So I got smart (well so I thought) and locked vice grips onto the bottom fat part and channellocks to the top. Well top cracked :( So I pull back the rubber cover and took off all the cracked plastic. It is still stuck

So I might just wire each connector individually... http://www.spece30.com/forum/3-getti...jector-harness

Would butt joints with heatshrinked insulation over each end be fine for this?

Comment

Yes sir
              Wow, time to send some PM's, call mom for the truck, U-haul for the trailer, and off to Roseburg, Oregon I go. I forgot I need a cherry picker & I may get me a new tool set for this :???:

Edit: I need a Bentley for this swap as well. Time to hit up ebay & craigslist
              Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-26-2011, 03:05 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Sorry Haruko, I didn't know you were doing an "i" motor swap. I thought you were leaving the "e" motor in. Sorry for any confusion.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                  Sorry Haruko, I didn't know you were doing an "i" motor swap. I thought you were leaving the "e" motor in. Sorry for any confusion.
                  No no, I wasn't being clear enough at first, that's my fault. For some God awful reason I kept thinking the eta transmission was staying in the car & that a i motor/transmission wasn't going in. I'm trying to get the car for $300 and the owner keeps trying to tell me "it's a project car, it's a project car, it's a project car!"

:hitler: Like I fucking know that, but what he doesn't know is that I am swapping the engine and transmission out so it doesn't matter. Here's the ad for it for you guys, body is solid, interior is 6/10 tan color :down:, needs a new glove box, and passenger window fixed to be able to roll it down.

For $300 it isn't bad, I have seen worst and people were asking for more.
                  Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-26-2011, 03:22 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Way to go Austin ;)

Haruko, good luck with your project

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

I see no ad

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                      Bluebird Bus Conversion
                      New Oregon Trail

Comment

I see no ad
                        Check the craigslist section, roseburg for the city, than bmw, should be the one listed for $350

edit: link to the album

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Side:
                        Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

front:
                        Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-26-2011, 03:42 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Way to go Austin ;)
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Hey, Lucky, not sure if I will but I may need to buy that pedal assembly off you. I'll let you know once I get the car here & I settle my brain down enough to think.

Comment

Yea man sounds good

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                              Bluebird Bus Conversion
                              New Oregon Trail

Comment

If anyone is interested I am waxing snowboards and skis for $10 flat. It is a hot wax and I use One Ball Jay only. I can apply any temp you'd like or I can pick for you based on current conditions. I can also clean up your edges if you need it for a bit more as well as deliver/pickup.

I do also offer private instruction for those looking to get into the sport. It is a much better deal then purchasing lessons at the hill, especially at Crystal (where I used to instruct). I general instruct at Snoqualmie due to terrain, ease of access, and price. But I am available to go else where such as Crystal, Stevens, and even Baker. I am also available mid week for Snoqualmie
                                Last edited by DrJosh; 11-26-2011, 06:15 PM.
                                Originally posted by Sonny
                                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Working...
                                X