No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das a dope Subaru. 5Toes you don't know how un-godly like the bills start to fly as soon as you start going for big horsepower. :tsk:

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

^ I know. However, it is only a motor.

If I were going turbo I would leave my engine alone after getting the right compression ratio. A new engine is cheap compared to a rebuild...

I would also start gathering parts for a year in advance.

Comment

I was referring to Toes as the n00b, FWIW.

Mullet, that Suby is fucking rad. I think that will be my next car, a WRX or a 2.5RS, or quite possibly the truck I should've started building 2+ years ago...
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Seriously... Fcukin dope...
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

A "new" engine may also need a rebuild. And when you are going for big HP with a turbo any stock NA motor will need to be rebuilt regardless.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
              And when you are going for a turbo any stock NA motor will need to be rebuilt regardless.
              This.

Comment

Yaaa... I'm not understanding your logic toes...big power means big budget. And like josh said, a "new" motor is going to need something. Regardless...
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

since you guys like my last scooby so much here is the build thread for it and a few of my other cars.

and my lifted subaru i had that the 2.2 n/a engine that was in the impreza then received.

and my bug im restoring right now

and 5toes, its a Engine, not a Motor. and even when "rebuilding" a stock engine can cost thousands more then just a stock rebuild, its all depends on what your end result is going to be.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                  That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

mullet, what do you want wheel wise? I can keep my eyes peeled. Have the 4lug game down these days.

Also, are you comfortable with adapters?

Comment

If your stock internals are proven to the HP you are going for (turbo) then I say just do a compression test and go for it... that is if compression is good on all 6 cylinders.

Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

5toes,
                        your virginity is showing
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          If your stock internals are proven to the HP you are going for (turbo) then I say just do a compression test and go for it... that is if compression is good on all 6 cylinders.

Thats my 2 cents.
                          you can make 600hp on stock internals but for how long? for reliable 400hp or so you need all new bearings, the proper H or I beam rods, forged crank, forged low compression pistons, head studs, MLS head gasket, over sized valves with port/polished head, cam, injectors, manifold, FMIC, fuel pump upgrade, stand alone EM, wide band a/f, EGT, Coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure gauges, etc. etc.

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Let me clarify... I meant bottom end. Duh new injectors and fuel related stuff is going to be upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                              5toes, your virginity is showing
                              Hahahahahahahahaha that made my fucking night. #winning

Comment

yea i was busting up at that and my wife walked up and started giggling as well

Comment

Working...
                                X