No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, that motor isn't ready for the junkyard. It's ready to made into a race motor. Unless a rod snapped and punched a hole in the block.

Comment

Car is looking great Adam. Nice to see it getting so much love!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
        Change that belt immediately. These motors are notorious for breaking rockers and bending/breaking valves so just change it for peace of mind.
        It can be done from the back of a truck I bet, because getting it on a engine stand with-out a hoist is going to be nuts. I'll shop for the part tonight and order it when my book get's here on Tuesday.

So Mickey, Lucky, BmwM42, 5Toes I have searched & I am pretty confident the '88 / '89 year parts for a 5-speed setup were interchangeable right? I'll have a '88 engine, transmission, but '89 Driveshaft / Flywheel.

Bare with me guys, I get my Bentley book next week :up:

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
        BTW, that motor isn't ready for the junkyard. It's ready to made into a race motor. Unless a rod snapped and punched a hole in the block.
        More than welcome to come get it for $50 if you want.

As a small thanks to everyone, I found old pics of my car the day I went to get him. Meet Haruko the $300 '86 325e which will soon be an 325i :)

Last edited by HarukoE30; 12-03-2011, 09:57 PM. Reason: edit
        Originally posted by James Crivellone
        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
          Are your bumpers tucked?
          Nope, not tucked. The right side is a little bashed in because someone backed into me a while ago and I haven't had the chance to take it to the body shop to get it fixed yet.

Btw, congrats on your E30!

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          lol nobody likely wants me there. I might go with a buddy... my car has everything to get fixed but I am not interested in pulling an all nighter.
          You should come. There should be a lot of cars going, and it's going to be fun.
          1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
          2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
          1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Decided to do the tail lights red tonight before the toy run. Never done before, but it turned out alright.

Last edited by ClausE30; 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM.

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Thanks cg138, your car gives me hope I can have a really nice looking diving board with time and some cash

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
              Decided to do the tail lights red tonight before the toy run. Never done before, but it turned out alright.
              Looks really could, better than I could do I bet.

Comment

It can be done from the back of a truck I bet, because getting it on a engine stand with-out a hoist is going to be nuts. I'll shop for the part tonight and order it when my book get's here on Tuesday.

So Mickey, Lucky, BmwM42, 5Toes I have searched & I am pretty confident the '88 / '89 year parts for a 5-speed setup were interchangeable right? I'll have a '88 engine, transmission, but '89 Driveshaft / Flywheel.

Bare with me guys, I get my Bentley book next week :up:

As a small thanks to everyone, I found old pics of my car the day I went to get him. Meet Haruko the $300 '86 325e which will soon be an 325i :)

Ill try to keep this simple:

e cars use a different transmission than an e car, unless 88.
                87 and above 2.5i cars have the same trans, unless someone changed it.

87 and above i drivelines/flywheels/etc, they are interchangeable.

You can use an early e car trans on an i car with an i clutch kit, but not the other way around, reason: CPS on the e cars is on the trans, while i cars is on the front of motor.

Now back to writing my essay.
                sigpic

Comment

Also, the shifter tube console mount is different on the late model cars then the early ones.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                    Ill try to keep this simple:

e cars use a different transmission than an e car, unless 88.
                    87 and above 2.5i cars have the same trans, unless someone changed it.

87 and above i drivelines/flywheels/etc, they are interchangeable.

You can use an early e car trans on an i car with an i clutch kit, but not the other way around, reason: CPS on the e cars is on the trans, while i cars is on the front of motor.

Now back to writing my essay.
                    Yeah I just needed to make sure that the stuff my roommate ordered was going to work, drivelines and etc. Glad I have no worries there. Sorry to disturb your essay

Think painting the stock rims black would look bad?
                    Last edited by HarukoE30; 12-03-2011, 11:29 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

I dont know where im at, but im drunk and these milfs keep looking better and better this place is legit!

-Alex
                      sigpic

Comment

^
                        Do tell lol

HarukoE30...no worries, its a boring essay anyways lol

Black bottlecaps are really meh in my opinion. Save that paint for new wheels :)
                        sigpic

Comment

Alex, I love your drunk posts. Btw let's meet up tomorrow so I can get that trans.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Shit, that's what I paid for a complete, running M20. I will save you a trip to the junk yard and pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post

Looks good. Testors Candy Apple Red?

Comment

Nice pickup. I would have bought it :)

Thanks cg138, your car gives me hope I can have a really nice looking diving board with time and some cash
                                His bumpers look tucked 'cause his car is an '88, they had small metal bumpers

Think painting the stock rims black would look bad?
                                Yes. Black on any wheel looks bad ;)

GL with the project. Seems like a solid starting point, you will have lots of fun

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                                X