PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday dude!

I decided to hibernate all morning to avoid the cold.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Yes, my commute was pretty cold as well. I had to wear my robe when I went down to my office in the basement. It's rough out there..

Thinking I am going to take Friday morning off and see if Skibowl gets some decent snow.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        Thinking I am going to take Friday morning off and see if Skibowl gets some decent snow.
        Hows the conditions down in Oregon? Cant seem to get any new snow in the mountains up here, just cold and dry..

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

^ supposed to snow tomorrow, wednesday, and thursday.

Comment

Yea i saw that. not a huge amount but ill take it! I'm gonna be going up Thursday to Stevens.

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Got the car to run...but only for a few seconds. Fuck.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Some improvement is better than none
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                  Got the car to run...but only for a few seconds. Fuck.
                  What happened?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

She lives. Finally.

So basically, I parked it for a few days. Went to go start it and it ran like total and complete shit. I said "fuck it" and parked it for a few hours, then I came back to the shop. Went to go start it and nothing happened. Brought it in the shop and changed the fuel pump fuse and relay. Nothing. Fuck. It was late and I was tired. Went home. Came back the next morning, changed the fuel pump, fuse and tried another newer relay. Nothing.

It was really cold out, so I put the battery on the charger overnight and went home. It was cranking really hard, almost like it had a weak battery, but not really. Hard to explain, but I did take a video with my phone. Came back today and pulled the plugs. Flooded. Sure as fuck isn't gonna run like that. Put the plugs in the parts washer for a few minutes. Popped 'em back in and it runs.

I think my whole problem was a shitty battery. Ugh.

Comment

My car has been cranking really slow in the morning due to the coldness. It probably is just the battery dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                        She lives. Finally.

So basically, I parked it for a few days. Went to go start it and it ran like total and complete shit. I said "fuck it" and parked it for a few hours, then I came back to the shop. Went to go start it and nothing happened. Brought it in the shop and changed the fuel pump fuse and relay. Nothing. Fuck. It was late and I was tired. Went home. Came back the next morning, changed the fuel pump, fuse and tried another newer relay. Nothing.

It was really cold out, so I put the battery on the charger overnight and went home. It was cranking really hard, almost like it had a weak battery, but not really. Hard to explain, but I did take a video with my phone. Came back today and pulled the plugs. Flooded. Sure as fuck isn't gonna run like that. Put the plugs in the parts washer for a few minutes. Popped 'em back in and it runs.

I think my whole problem was a shitty battery. Ugh.
                        Woah woah woah... same problem as me I think. So if the plugs were "fouled" how did you remedy that? I just put new plugs in as of like August... dont want to buy more!

And also, how did you get the fuel out? just crank it with plugs out?

Comment

And also, how did you get the fuel out? just crank it with plugs out?
                          short answer: yes. Same method can be used if your motor is hydro locked, but only in an emergency would I use that method.
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

First, make sure your battery connections are good (yes, overstated, but my dad seems to think that having shitty connections were my problem all along.)

The plugs were soaked with fuel and car sounded REALLY weak. I put the battery on the charger (while connected to the car) and yanked the plugs out and cranked it (not for long mind you, maybe five seconds at most.) I stuck the plugs in my parts washer and dried/wiped them off really well. Installed them and started right up. However, due to having all that fuel in the chamber while not firing, your oil will thin out and mix with fuel and the car will smoke like crazy. You will need to also do a full oil change.

Hope this gets your problem solved. Sounds very similar to my issue, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had the same issue!

Comment

Also, yank the fuse to the fuel pump while cranking (obviously.)

Comment

you and toes having something in common lol
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X