No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to the "DOL" here in Washington about 3-4 times now . There has never been a line, and the people behind the counter are helpful, 20ish year old girls that actually simile and say thank you. Such a change from the 50 year old, post-menopausal, dyke Nazis that run the California DMV.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Guess Blunt's package is the only one I can rely on :)
      Yea, saving that $15 doesn't really do you any good if your package takes a week to arrive. Blunt ships from different shipping centers around the country - I think there is one in Tacoma IIRC. So UPS Ground (that you paid for with FPC anyways) - with blunt, it will be there the next day most of the time.

Another rookie move by 5-toes.

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Grabbed some m8 locknuts and washers from fastenal for $1.52 or something (I got 8 just in case)
      I really recommend using nothing but BMW hardware. No really. They do all the work to make sure the fasteners are correct. Heck, I'd rather re-use a 20 year old factory nut that anything I could buy new locally. Most guys that part out cars will collect bins of factory hardware to keep around if needed.

Comment

No use wasting your time graves he id still going to buy the local ones and not listen to our advice
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

How much are the FPC control arms?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
            No use wasting your time graves he id still going to buy the local ones and not listen to our advice
            You know what, your right - I feel stupid for even trying.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              Doing brakes and wheel bearings today. Fun fun. Well overdue.
              I need to do my bearings as well..kinda scared! Lol how much do they run?
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Well, I've got the E36 M3 struts/brakes/etc. I decided to just change the whole hub rather then a bearing. $46 p/ side through my parts distributor. I have new brake pads and will probably just turn the rotors, as they look to be in ok shape.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well another guy said any locknuts are fine, and thr real rookie move was reading that I need to buy new nuts after I ordered from Blunt. A guy in this thread said that any locknut would be fine, and I read in another suspension thread that somebody used cheapy autozone locknuts. Fastenal is better than autozone.

The FCP control arms were $165 shipped - includes tie rods and M3 offset cabs. Not the best, I know. I will take detailed pictures when they arrive.

Comment

Someone buy my rack!!!
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      Someone buy my rack!!!
                      How big is it? I'm looking for at least a 32C but would prefer something in the D range. Getting harder and harder to find at the local pic-n-pull ;)
                      84' 325i -> PRO3 #304