PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
    ^If you guys want to make the trip I can provide shop space and tools.

It's already slow around town! lol

im down to ride down there though how would it work with swapping the head on a warm engine anyways on my m42 highway driving im getting 34 mpg on a 3.73 diff though now it going to have a s3.73 diff thanks to my parts car winning!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
      Can I come watch? I need to do a headgasket on my GF's car and have never worked on an M42 before. I also want to know how to delete all the throttle body heater stuff while it is all apart

deleting all that shit is easy lucky i can pretty much do anything now the m42 except headwork
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

If you've got someplace up there to work Phil I'd be happy to come up and get in on the fun.

Comment

i have my garage but its not big by anymeans trust me i do however have two m42 engines avail, im going to be picking one up tommorrow whole car that suppossibly had to engine completly rebuilt last spring etc etc so if that all checks out im bringing it home. im just sick of the tick in my its hella loud and im sick of it
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Any chance that second m42 that you would have after your swap would be available for purchase?
            instagram

Comment

Yes sir
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                You had a 4.44 diff? WTF?!
                Yup. And an LSD to boot!

I'd venture a guess that it's the rarest BMW diff (4.44LSD). It only came in the 1995 318ti automatic. The limited slip was an option. In 96 they went to electronic traction control and they were all open diffs.

The owner at the M-Shop in LA did the PPI on it, and was like "Where did you get that!?" haha
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  Can I come watch? I need to do a headgasket on my GF's car and have never worked on an M42 before. I also want to know how to delete all the throttle body heater stuff while it is all apart
                  Give me a call if you need some help. I can do it with my eyes closed now haha.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    Give me a call if you need some help. I can do it with my eyes closed now haha.
                    Alright man thanks for the offer. I will probably be asking you some questions

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Who here wants a clean, crack free dash? I'll give you a sweet deal on it if you come pull it!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Free for a crack free dash?!
                        sigpic

Comment

Definitely not free, but I really don't wanna pull it and will cut someone a sweet deal if they wanna come pull it.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                            Who here wants a clean, crack free dash? I'll give you a sweet deal on it if you come pull it!
                            Wish had the time to come get it.

Comment

Its not that hard to pull you lazy fuck lol ill pull it and ill even cut you a sweet deal ;)
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I went to the Central Market in Poulsbo for the first time today - wow - that's an amazing store.

Pike Place's is cool and all, but some of the stuff is kinda dirty looking.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X