No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be rude, but have you not done this job??? Its a circle, no sides that a socket could grip

Comment

What did we talk about 5-toes.....

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Not to be rude, but have you not done this job??? Its a circle, no sides that a socket could grip
      collar nut? What nut are you stuck on? There isn't an 1.5" nut on a BMW silly. Maybe the crank nut - besides that it's all 22mm or less IIRC? Axel nut? You need a proper mechanics tool kit.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I am talking about the nut that is sliding off over the strut in the picture, but mine looks a little different

Comment

On the shock tower? Front I assume?

Comment

I did my front suspension yesterday, mine is a circle as well, I took my table vice off, And viced that shit on the circle and had my friend hold the strut tube and i just pushed one way and he pushed the other and it came lose. The threads were covered in dirt and shit so i had to clean it a bunch.

Comment

I quit this thread
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

For once, toes is right. Tonight just made r3v history
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

^ Thank you!

Haha yeah I did the other one with a pipe wrench, came off smooth. This one not so much, so thus I asked for some tips

Comment

I am talking about the nut that is sliding off over the strut in the picture, but mine looks a little different
                    Where is the issue? Remove the strut and slide the nut off. replace with what ever chinesse thing you got from FPCSCROTUM on ebay. Done and done.

Comment

I cant get it off, I have got a big pipe wrench on it and and tried to just muscle it off

Tried hitting wrench with hammer

I have put some penetrating oil on it

I am turning the strut housing in the vice when I torque it, it wont budge. Going to try heat tomorrow

Comment

George, a little more reading will lead you to a better understanding what our young padawan is asking.

He's curious if there are other ways of getting the strut housing collar nut off.

Toes, if you have a table vice, go utilize it. And don't post until you've done is :)
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                          I quit this thread
                          Word.

On another note, I am fucking sick and fucking tired of my fucking car!!!!!!!!!! FJK:ASJFLKSJDL:KFJSFGJKLS:DJGKLSDFJG:SDFGJK:SDJG GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111``````
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I have a big table vice, has been VERY helpful in this job so far. lol

Okay will update with pics tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                              Word.

On another note, I am fucking sick and fucking tired of my fucking car!!!!!!!!!! FJK:ASJFLKSJDL:KFJSFGJKLS:DJGKLSDFJG:SDFGJK:SDJG GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111``````

What did it do this time?
                              I must admit, my jealousy of you buying that car has withered lol

Hope you find that alpine white coupe you really want.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                                George, a little more reading will lead you to a better understanding what our young padawan is asking.:)
                                The shock collar nut - it slides off - if not hit it like a 2$ hooker. Tap. tap. tap. Done. It's not rocket science. No?

(and I had to google "padawan" thank you very much)

Comment

Working...
                                X