Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    Okay sounds good.

It is OEM though right?
    Yessir. OEM Bosch.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
      ^1222 can be caused by a lot of different things man.
      Yup. Thats why I am checking things out. But according to my voltmeter the O2 sensor is looking dead. which would explain my terrible gas milage and being down on power if it is the case.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
        Yessir. OEM Bosch.
        Great. Please remember to grab it in the morning or I might cry. When are you coming up tomorrow?

Comment

^1222 means that the DME has detected a rich or lean running condition, which also usually means that the O2 sensor is doing its job and telling the DME what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            Great. Please remember to grab it in the morning or I might cry. When are you coming up tomorrow?
            I'm at the blazer game now but I have to go back to the shop to get my parts pile together, so I'll grab it!
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
              Can you modify one primary tube on a turbo header I have? :)
              sure can, what do you need done? PM me and we can figure it out.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                ^1222 means that the DME has detected a rich or lean running condition, which also usually means that the O2 sensor is doing its job and telling the DME what's going on.
                Couldn't it also mean that the O2 sensor has gone out or is giving a false reading?

We will see what a new O2 sensor does. Even if its not the problem, id rather buy the nearly new one for the sake of replacing it since I have no idea when it was last replaced if at all.

If this doesn't work I may jump to fueling. I have a new fuel filter sitting in a box and I have been thinking of rebuilding my injectors. I need to find a good write up on how to check the fuel pressure on the M20. I am going to look in the bentley later to see what it says.

Comment

^That would typically be a 1221.

Comment

Ah okay I see that now as well.

Isn't it fairly common for a bad engine temp sensor to cause warm starting issues?

Comment

In my experience vacuum leaks are the most common cause of warm start issues in Bosch systems. A significant vacuum leak could also cause a lean condition, which could cause the DME to throw a 1222.

Comment

Is the gas tank part of the vacuum system?

Comment

No, but if it wasn't venting properly it could cause fuel delivery issues.

Comment

Okay so at least I am stuck in the engine bay looking for leaks. I suspect injectors or intake manifold because pretty everything other then their gaskets/o-rings have been replaced.

Is there a way to tell if the brake booster is leaking?

Comment

Can you get away with murder? Because the Blazers just did! :shock:

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

What happened Abe?

Comment

Working...
                                X