No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone need plastic bumper trim? rear corners no center there in great shape with turn signals
    Transaction Feedback: -click here
    [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
    [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      Here's a tip: with the doors locked, pull up twice on the door handle. This will turn on the lock warmer, melts any ice very quickly.

*If you are awesome like me and have the optional lock warmer*
      I thought it was hold up the handle? I shaved my doors so it dosent matter to me but info is info.
      Been with me for 16 years...
      sigpic
      Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

After talking to a few BMW shops, I understand why some people run away from these awesome cars.
        sigpic

Comment

Car is no longer getting finished, I decided when I did trash that I should probably only run my arm through the damn big box before recycling and not thoroughly & GOD DAMN F**KING THROW AWAY MY F**KING TRANSMISSION F**KING MOUNT :curse:

/end rant

In other calming news I vaguely remember taking it to my mom's, but I couldn't find it. Game...Set...Match good job Jay you f**king moron :down:

edit:

I am getting stressed out, considering I have to drive 4 others to the airport at like 3am. I relaxed at home & did what I call "Star Search" which is basically a fancy way of saying "trace your steps." I was able to think that I should check a box I have my old pressure plate/clutch in and Voila my transmission mount was staring right at me. I had tears of joy woohoo
          Last edited by HarukoE30; 01-25-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: Edit
          Originally posted by James Crivellone
          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

So some heat and that collar came off nice and smooth. The steel is very soft compared to the OEM one, the pipe wrench just ate into it.

Pressure washed the strut housings and assembled one. I threaded the top 19mm nut I got on as tight as I could, but couldnt torque it to the 50lbs it should be. I am going to do that on the car I believe. Hardest part of this job is just compressing the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
              Car is no longer getting finished, I decided when I did trash that I should probably only run my arm through the damn big box before recycling and not thoroughly & GOD DAMN F**KING THROW AWAY MY F**KING TRANSMISSION F**KING MOUNT :curse:

/end rant

In other calming news I vaguely remember taking it to my mom's, but I couldn't find it. Game...Set...Match good job Jay you f**king moron :down:

edit:

I am getting stressed out, considering I have to drive 4 others to the airport at like 3am. I relaxed at home & did what I call "Star Search" which is basically a fancy way of saying "trace your steps." I was able to think that I should check a box I have my old pressure plate/clutch in and Voila my transmission mount was staring right at me. I had tears of joy woohoo
              Just put it into the "shit happens" category Jay. Glad you found it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEVORM View Post
                AHAHA Sorry but methanol has nothing to do with meth (the drug). The meth in methanol is simply a prefix for something with a 1-carbon chain, next being eth (2-carbon) propyl, butyl etc.. the correct IUPAC name for meth (drug) is N-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine. Yes i am getting my BS in Chemistry so yes i do know what im talking about.....methanol and meth couldn't have less in common.
                True story. I've bought 5 gallon jugs of methanol at my local race parts store no questions asked. Pseudoephedrine is what gets a red flag when you go buy it since that's what's used to make meth(amphetamine). I started as a Chemistry major but I dropped after my first year.

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Will do Aaron. Thanks for the advice. The shiny part you see is where the caliper carrier has been rubbing on the wheel.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
                You might want to check to see if the wheel is still balanced. It probably still is but that would sketch the hell out of me.

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
                does anyone need plastic bumper trim? rear corners no center there in great shape with turn signals
                I may need them if I follow through with the facelift. Price?

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Phil when you removed the starter, was there any hex head bolts that went on the other side of the starter bolt. I have two bolts that seem to fit through the starter/transmission holes, but I believe I am missing something to tighten this thing.

The interwebs says something about a hex head, but the Bentley says nothing.

Comment

IIRC, when bolting the starter up, there are 4 bolts. On my M50 car, I had inverted Torx bolts (10mm, IIRC) and a few of them had 17mm nuts on the end, while some bolted elsewhere. On the black 'vert, it was all 17mm bolts. I don't remember there being any hex bolts, however.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Which side? Engine side? I can go see what I can see and feel around.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I just did the job... and yes big fat inverted torx nuts on the firewall side

I shoved a screwdriver in there and torqued them down on the other side (17mm bolt)
                        Last edited by 5Toes; 01-26-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Haruko, if you've got the subframe dropped still, it should be really easy to finish bolting up.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Quick, maybe dumb question, but what pistons would one use on a eta based stroker using 135mm m50 rods? Not worthy of its own thread, thought I would ask here. Just curious.

Im not sure, but it seems that M54B30 pistons would be it, 6mm lower compression height than m20 pistons

Comment

Here you go 5toes

Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                                IIRC, when bolting the starter up, there are 4 bolts. On my M50 car, I had inverted Torx bolts (10mm, IIRC) and a few of them had 17mm nuts on the end, while some bolted elsewhere. On the black 'vert, it was all 17mm bolts. I don't remember there being any hex bolts, however.
                                My starter only has two bolts that go through the transmission I am guessing because I was under the car and had to use an extension to place them there.

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                                Which side? Engine side? I can go see what I can see and feel around.
                                Yes engine side, I am trying to figure out what goes on the other side of this bolt...(picture incoming)

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                I just did the job... and yes big fat inverted torx nuts on the firewall side

I shoved a screwdriver in there and torqued them down on the other side (17mm bolt)
                                Seriously 17mm? Holy fu*k my bolts are like size 8mm You sure a 17mm will fit through the two Starter holes?

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                                Haruko, if you've got the subframe dropped still, it should be really easy to finish bolting up.
                                The car is like 6 inches off the ground, with the transmission hanging down bolted up. I hope I have the right bolt :oops:
                                Last edited by HarukoE30; 01-26-2012, 01:23 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

Working...
                                X