No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 19th. I need an epic road trip. Take two days to get down there. Hit up highway 101. Party it up, car show then, 2 days back.

Comment

That would be so badass. Hopefully I can go!

Getting ready to change the heater blower motor in the M50 car before I head to Seattle. Definitely don't want to listen to "rattle rattle rattle RATTTTTTLEEEEEEEE rattle rattle rattle" for 6 hours. Looks like I gotta drop the subframe a little to gain clearance...shit.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
        May 19th. I need an epic road trip. Take two days to get down there. Hit up highway 101. Party it up, car show then, 2 days back.

Sounds excellent. I'm in.
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

I absolutely hate people who impact the fuck out of bolts, rather then torquing them. My dad is known for doing this. When I was putting the trans in last time, he was trying to help get it done a little faster and impacted the fuck out of my subframe bolts. Just went to drop the subframe down so i could get to the heater motor a little easier and one of them just snapped. FUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
            I absolutely hate people who impact the fuck out of bolts, rather then torquing them. My dad is known for doing this. When I was putting the trans in last time, he was trying to help get it done a little faster and impacted the fuck out of my subframe bolts. Just went to drop the subframe down so i could get to the heater motor a little easier and one of them just snapped. FUCK!

That will be one of my biggest gripes on cars, & it happens more than it should. You'll get tight, than you'll get super steroid~you'll break this bolt before coming off~tight & it makes no sense. The torque that people do to Oil pan bolts never surprises me.

Let me know how that heater core change goes, M20 was a good trip, can't imagine the M50 with no space.
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

I fucking hate that shit. There is no reason to use an impact on something like that. 1/2" ratchet does the job plenty well. So, now, I get to drill out a stuck part of a bolt out of the frame. Awesome.

Back to work now. This thing better come out or someone might lose their head...

Comment

try heating the bolt with a torch, might make it easier to get out. this is the kind of crap that pisses me off, so i do all my own work.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

It's way too far in to torch, otherwise I definitely would!

Comment

bored at work today so i made a pen holder out of some scrap stainless steel. anyone need anything tig welded?

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                    That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Cabs got pressed in, what a pain

Comment

Got the fan changed about an hour ago. So nice to have a functioning heater again...I could get used to this!

Comment

Nice weld Shean. What kind of Tig welder did you use?

Comment

Got my underwear changed about an hour ago. So nice to have boxers on without shit in them...I could get used to this!

Comment

Lolololutzrolf

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                                Just gauging interest, anybody want to caravan down to Bimmerfest this year?
                                I am obligated go, so if anyone wants to caravan down with me and my crew feel free to hit me up for details. We always leave the Thursday before and drive straight through

Comment

Working...
                                X