No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyer is always the way to go, or if you dont wanna pay the $ subpoena the officer and there is a high probability he or she might not show. I got a lawyer for a 111 in a 70 and poof it was gone, tried to fight a recent (and bullshit) 45 in a 40 (yes 5mph) and lost even though i had evidence and everything. The dude in the back however, who was their for 4 different infractions, had a subpoena for the officer and got off all charges.
    84' 325i -> PRO3 #304
    Powered by Manntechnik
    Work in Progress Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
      When I did mine I didn't have to show up at court at all, they just dealt with it and gave me a call when the deed was done.

I got a $400 ticket for evading pursuit (think being boxed in by one cop ahead and 3-4 behind, all with 3" of ground clearance and a 2 gallon gas tank in the middle of the desert) along the Mexican border on my Harley, wish I had known to lawyer up then.

....wait what? Please elaborate.

Comment

elaborate on being chased along the border or on not having the lawyer do all the showing up in court for me?
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I'm 320 a month, however I have everything tied into the same policy (State Farm)

That covers my E28, E30 (Hagerty, I added it into the monthly), E34, Xterra, C2500 Chevy, specialty clause on the Pro3 car (during transport) , and my race trailer. + home owners insurance

Comment

i hate lawyers, i just stay out of trouble
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
              Yeah, no kidding. I'm counting down the days till I turn 25.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

When I turn 25 I'm going to cry.
                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                2010 Buell XB9SX
                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                  Yeah, no kidding. I'm counting down the days till I turn 25.
                  same here.

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

On your E30's does anything connect into the switch that sits in front of your brake pedal? Believe that is my sensor, but since I did a swap, I don't know what connector goes there.

edit: I turn 27 in May & I welcome age 40
                    Originally posted by James Crivellone
                    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

You're 26?!?! Holy fuck dude. You do not look that old!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

There should be something connect ed jay that's what turns on your brake lights when you brake
                        Originally posted by bmwm42
                        PNW vulture pm me for parts
                        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          You're 26?!?! Holy fuck dude. You do not look that old!
                          Yeah I tend to get mistaken for 19-20 at most. Got my Dad's good gene's in that retrospect.

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                          There should be something connect ed jay that's what turns on your brake lights when you brake
                          It's apart of the assembly right? Google/realoem/Bentley is being f*cking pointless.
                          Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Yes you should have a brake light switch and have it connected
                            Originally posted by bmwm42
                            PNW vulture pm me for parts
                            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                              elaborate on being chased along the border or on not having the lawyer do all the showing up in court for me?
                              Theres gotta be a good story if it involves Mexican police.

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                              same here.

Aaron.... How old are you? I assumed you were older than 25.

Comment

It was california highway patrol, not the mexican police, fortunately.

One car started chasing me for speeding, didn't notice it since I was rocking out to Rush at the time. After a few miles I see a cop car ahead of me with the lights on, so I start slowing down. Oddly enough, it starts slowing down too. Eventually I realize that it's going to slow down into me if I don't pull over. Because I've got my leathers on I can't see out my rearview mirrors, so I shift over, look in my rearview and see 3-4 cars chasing me with their lights on.

I pull over (along with all of the cops) and it's hands-behind-my-head searching my pockets and stuff. Because I'm a WA rider normally, my registration/insurance is in my jacket liner (which stays in the jacket, except of course when you're in the desert, then it's at home), so they get all mad that I can't prove that the bike is mine. It was only about 2 months old at the time, so still new looking.

They let me off with speeding and didn't get cited for lack of insurance, registration, listening to music with 2 earbuds in, or evading pursuit. When he was writing it up he finally asked me what I was listening to and I told him it was Rush - YYZ. Without dropping a beat he was like "Yeah, figures." Off I went with a $400 ticket and I texted the then-gf to say "I just got f*cked by the long dick of the law." and landed in LA about 4 hours later.
                                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                                2010 Buell XB9SX
                                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Working...
                                X