PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, so Im not looking at a ton of money for that

THe stroker is a great deal. I dont want to sound like a (I need as much power as possible guy!)... but how much HP does a 2.7i have?

How will that 2.7i compare to a b25 like I have

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Cool, so Im not looking at a ton of money for that

THe stroker is a great deal. I dont want to sound like a (I need as much power as possible guy!)... but how much HP does a 2.7i have?

How will that 2.7i compare to a b25 like I have
      From what I've heard, it will put out about the same power as a b25 with the torque of an eta. Check out the build thread, you can see all the work he's done to it.

Comment

Maybe it's just the crappy mic but it definitely sounds like some sort of valvetrain noise, not really the bottom end.

What I'd do right away is get in there with an automotive stethoscope and pinpoint the source of the noise.
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
          Maybe it's just the crappy mic but it definitely sounds like some sort of valvetrain noise, not really the bottom end.

What I'd do right away is get in there with an automotive stethoscope and pinpoint the source of the noise.
          It sounds like it is from lower in the engine. But I have listen to all 12 valves with a screwdriver, and I cant hear anything of the ch ch ch ch noises from them

Tempting tempting

Comment

Originally posted by 5toes View Post
            it sounds like it is from lower in the engine. But i have listen to all 12 valves with a screwdriver, and i cant hear anything of the ch ch ch ch noises from them

tempting tempting

do it.

Comment

Stroker it is.

Ugh, I really want to build it myself, but that deal is WAY too good to pass up. PMing him now

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                Stroker it is.

Ugh, I really want to build it myself, but that deal is WAY too good to pass up. PMing him now
                You'll spend double what you think building it yourself, gaskets alone are over $150, throw in a water pump, head surfacing/cleaning and some bearings and poof $600 on top of whatever you payed. Buying a motor thats all in one piece is the way to go as long as you trust who you're buying it from. Ask me how i know.
                84' 325i -> PRO3 #304
                Powered by Manntechnik
                Work in Progress Build Thread

Comment

Yup I know I am MUCH better off buying it from ejknight.

PM'd him, waiting for reply back. Maybe I can even treat myself to some ebay headers and new exhaust? :)

Some awesomeness from the tech:

Originally posted by madmaX
                  I also did the complete head swap, including manifold and thottlebody. I was too cheap/lazy to shave the head which I now regret. The 173 ecu requires no mods, plug and play. I did not change any gauges. I simply bury my stock eta tach, which is argueably cooler anyway.
                  At the same time as everything else, I added 19lb injectors sourced from a dead Ford V8. They are yellowish orange. Allegidly the stock 325i injectors barely keep up with a 2.5 litre motor. I have no evidence of this, but the 19lb'ers work fine(after ten minutes of idling so rich, raw fuel runs out the tailpipe) once the ecu adjusts to them.

My superE dyno'ed 110hp and 136lbs at the tires before the swap.
                  At that time my only modification was to sawzall the stock muffler off.

After the swap I dyno'ed 140hp and 141lbs of torque.

Finally, I installed a no-name chip upgrade I bought off ebay for $40.
                  Deleted the cat, and made a shielded intake with cone filter. Which proceeded to dyno 155hp and 162lbs of torque.

Comment

Good luck! You should start a project thread.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Just realized someone hit my car in the front fuck you hit and run drivers
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                        Just realized someone hit my car in the front fuck you hit and run drivers
                        Time to part it out. How much for the seats?

Comment

Wtf?
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                            Time to part it out. How much for the seats?
                            Your killing me kieth I'm seriously heart broken
                            Originally posted by bmwm42
                            PNW vulture pm me for parts
                            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

how bad is it?
                              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                              2010 Buell XB9SX
                              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                                Youre killing me Keith I'm seriously heart broken
                                How bad is it?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X