PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
    Drumming, sir, is the only thing I love.
    I haven't picked up a drum stick up in a year or so. I sure miss it. Thought about selling my drum kit, but I like it too well.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well so far here in Victoria I have seen 5 e30s, an AC Schnitzer E34 (possibly an m5), a Porsche 356, and a gold prewar Bugatti. Awesome

Comment

Slling your drums is right up there with selling your E30 on decisions that you would immediately regret.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

WTB help with hooking up a stock radio. 6 wire fader - I'm tired of spending 6+ weeks looking at wires. Any good shops would be highly helpful.
          Originally posted by James Crivellone
          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Slling your drums is right up there with selling your E30 on decisions that you would immediately regret.
            Absolutely. It's a $5500 custom Allegra kit that I got for $900, with a full set of Zildjian K cymbals (some vintage.) I would never be able to replace it for what I paid. Truly a once in a lifetime deal.

Comment

Sell me your drumset NOW!!!!!
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Absolutely. It's a $5500 custom Allegra kit that I got for $900, with a full set of Zildjian K cymbals (some vintage.) I would never be able to replace it for what I paid. Truly a once in a lifetime deal.
                Mine's an all-mesh head electric (grew up with acoustic, but got an electric in college when space was an issue) that I just ripped off Guitar Center like crazy for. Your story/setup beats mine hard.
                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                2010 Buell XB9SX
                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Found this Sonor Force 507 kit for Lane on CL recently.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                    H&R or nothin homie
                    In reference to our prior m42 'vert suspension discussion at AbeBQ I found some Weitec 318ic specific springs on Tunershop.:)

Comment

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Mine's an all-mesh head electric (grew up with acoustic, but got an electric in college when space was an issue) that I just ripped off Guitar Center like crazy for. Your story/setup beats mine hard.
                        Funny you mention guitar center...that's where my kit came from! The ex-assistant manager of Guitar Center Clackamas bought my kit for $5500 from my friend Dave Peterson at Allegra. Got sick of it after a year or two (not sure how) and traded it in on a Pearl Masters kit (ugh.) It needed bass and snare hoops ($100 a piece,) because they were cracked and looked like shit. They had it up for $3500, then $3200, $3000, $2500, $2000 and then $1500 and they replaced the hoops. Stuck that bitch on layaway and apparently, with guitar center's layaway system, it's not considered "sold" until it's paid in full and since it was on closeout, they dropped the price again! Walked out the door with the fucker for $899.

Comment

Hey, guys, I bagged my E28!
                          Originally posted by 5Toes
                          bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

^ that some funny shit
                            -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Funny you mention guitar center...that's where my kit came from! The ex-assistant manager of Guitar Center Clackamas bought my kit for $5500 from my friend Dave Peterson at Allegra. Got sick of it after a year or two (not sure how) and traded it in on a Pearl Masters kit (ugh.) It needed bass and snare hoops ($100 a piece,) because they were cracked and looked like shit. They had it up for $3500, then $3200, $3000, $2500, $2000 and then $1500 and they replaced the hoops. Stuck that bitch on layaway and apparently, with guitar center's layaway system, it's not considered "sold" until it's paid in full and since it was on closeout, they dropped the price again! Walked out the door with the fucker for $899.
                              That is much more legit than I. I photoshopped an invoice and got them to price match. They told me that they still made like $5 off of the transaction, I just paid > $1000 off of retail!

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                              In reference to our prior m42 'vert suspension discussion at AbeBQ I found some Weitec 318ic specific springs on Tunershop.:)

I didn't know that there was such a thing as 318iC springs. Would those just be e36 specific? I got an H&R Touring Cup Kit from TireRack and have been pretty impressed with it.
                              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                              2010 Buell XB9SX
                              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

That is much more legit than I. I photoshopped an invoice and got them to price match. They told me that they still made like $5 off of the transaction, I just paid > $1000 off of retail!
                                That was the best experience I've had with Guitar Center. I haven't been back since! You still got a damn good deal though, saving a grand is always nice!

So, that's my biggest reason for not selling it, so when I go back to playing, I'll have a badass kit to play. What they say sure is true, buy a shitty kit, you'll sound like shit and get disinterested. Spend some money on a good kit and you'll sound good and want to keep playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X