PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
    Ignition switch ~ alternator ~ starter ~ cluster...it's all f*cking electrical shit, but Keith has been helping me sort it out. Finally got the car to the point that I just need to figure out why my Alternator won't charge my battery.

It's somewhere in the wiring, because it didn't work, than it worked when I installed my cluster, but now with the cluster in. No damn charging :curse:

Instead of 12.14v w/ my car on I want to see 13v or 14v and I can finally go test him.

Thanks for the switch though
    Does the alternator charge(big B+) wire go directly to the starter on e30s or does it go to the fuseblock/distro block?

Trying to solve electrical gremlines seems to be my vice...
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
      Ignition switch ~ alternator ~ starter ~ cluster...it's all f*cking electrical shit, but Keith has been helping me sort it out. Finally got the car to the point that I just need to figure out why my Alternator won't charge my battery.

It's somewhere in the wiring, because it didn't work, than it worked when I installed my cluster, but now with the cluster in. No damn charging :curse:

Instead of 12.14v w/ my car on I want to see 13v or 14v and I can finally go test him.

Thanks for the switch though
      You know about the cluster charge lamp bullshit associated with early clusters, no? Since you're not charging the red battery light should be illuminated. If it's not then the bulb is likely the source of your problems. Later clusters have a resistor soldered in parallel with the bulb so that if it burns out you're still in business.

Comment

dammit ryann, beat me to it
        -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
          You know about the cluster charge lamp bullshit associated with early clusters, no? Since you're not charging the red battery light should be illuminated. If it's not then the bulb is likely the source of your problems. Later clusters have a resistor soldered in parallel with the bulb so that if it burns out you're still in business.
          Yup just remove the bulbs, sometimes its better to ask then waste time and money in the unnecessary
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

No burnout vid until I get a small issue fixed
            -Andy

Comment

^Monstrous!!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                Does the alternator charge(big B+) wire go directly to the starter on e30s or does it go to the fuseblock/distro block?

Trying to solve electrical gremlines seems to be my vice...
                Oh really, haha need to PM you and Ryann

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                Actually, now that I think about it. My battery light doesn't come on. Need to hit up a new bulb. I hope the stealer-ship has one.

edit:

Realoem doesn't really show which bulb I should replace. Bentley doesn't have a section on what each bulb does & I can only make out some of the designs. New to this & google really didn't come back with any pictures to help.

edit edit: Yeah battery light stayed off so I wonder if I could try switching it with another bulb in the cluster.
                Last edited by HarukoE30; 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM. Reason: edit
                Originally posted by James Crivellone
                1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Is that m50 stock? I cant find your build thread :(

Comment

That's because he's not a vain person to make a "build thread" lol

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

The build thread has been on Facebook haha

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                      Bluebird Bus Conversion
                      New Oregon Trail

Comment

^ Like

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

anybody in Seattle wanna wrench on a Harley (handbar swap and headlight mod) out in the sun? Just finished my hard plans for the day.

Beer and pizza included.
                          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                          2010 Buell XB9SX
                          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Toes- no build thread. I wanted to do it without shit-talkers input. Bone stock, exhaust coming right out of the cat.
                            -Andy

Comment

That vid makes me smile
                              -Andy

Comment

Awesome vid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X