PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But how to get it to Seattle?

I dont know what we are doing wrong. Our loss is your gain guys. Basically all you have to do is show up and do the work. We have the tools. Who doesnt want $100?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      We pour water in at it comes right out. So it is undrivable. John Parker offered to do it for $100, but it would cost my buddy $100 just to get the car there
      Are you using a ton of silicone or something? Put the gasket on dry.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
        What springs are you going to run?

nothing agressive using ground control 375 450 rears if i remember correctly. comfortable for daily driving, and not to stiff i dont really want to break my oil pan. im also going to in the near future going to try to custom make my own skid plate to be tough as fuck, bc roads around here are rough as fuck.
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Almost

I can almost guarantee you will get at least ten e30 guys line up to your door step to do the work if you told r3v that a hot girl own the car, a picture of her and the said car would definitely bump the chance exponentially.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
            nothing agressive using ground control 375 450 rears if i remember correctly. comfortable for daily driving, and not to stiff i dont really want to break my oil pan. im also going to in the near future going to try to custom make my own skid plate to be tough as fuck, bc roads around here are rough as fuck.
            Awesome, sounds like a nice setup. Also, beefy-ass custom skid plates FTW.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

yeah im excited to test it out with the lower setup plus the adj konis and best of all m3 sway bar endlinks, curious to see how much of an improvement they will make. stay tuned for the vultures stance!
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Huge thanks to Stephen for the excellent work on the 318's paint. Ended up coming out quite nicely, for how haggard it started.

These two Brilliantrot cars looked the same thing morning. Huge difference

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Looking good!
                  sigpic

Comment

Sadly it is not a cute girl who drives this.

We put a little bit of silicon on to hold the gasket. Basically we just give up, and want to pay somebody else to do it. We would drive it to your shop, but it is undrivable

Comment

spent the first half of the day working on the E30, spent the second half of the day working on the rabbit. it was a good day
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        Sadly it is not a cute girl who drives this.

We put a little bit of silicon on to hold the gasket. Basically we just give up, and want to pay somebody else to do it. We would drive it to your shop, but it is undrivable
                        Doing the water pump alone without the timing belt is a pain in the a.. I've done it. The little spring is a B. Basically you shouldn't be using silicone. You need to put the gasket and pump on with the bolt closest to the spring slightly threaded in. Then spin the pump and wedge the spring in. Then get the other bolt in. Get a mirror and see where its leaking. Im betting its behind the tensioner. Everyone is telling you about the belt because its true. Its only designed to be tensioned once. If you already took the tensioner off, just remove the belt and do the pump. Then replace with a new belt.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

We ziptied the spring last time, and then cut them. It made that part pretty easy.

We are aware about the belt, but plenty of members here have had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                            Just take it to Fine Tuning in Seattle and get it done correctly. Tell Chris I sent you.
                            No, don't do this. That place is terrible.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

--------------------------------------

Car is pretty quick for a 325e, about 195ft lbs trq and 155hp and weighs close to nothing!
                              mods:
                              muffler delete in back with dump pipe
                              welded diff, done by a shop!
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Waffles on a Monday morning are.. well there are no words. Good morning and good day sir.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X