PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
    That's right bitches don't touch my vulture or ill fuck you up. To me its garage queen status :)
    Precisely. It's someone's garage queen, regardless.

Patrick, great to see you. Glad the vert made it up. Hope you figure out that coolant issue bullshit out soon.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That's right bitches don't touch my vulture or ill fuck you up. To me its garage queen status :)

Yeah hopefully you don't fuck up the wrong guy :)

Comment

Has anybody ever cruised the e30.de website? The DIY section is amazing! So many great ideas, and they are all cheap and effective!

Copying and pasting the pages into google translate works good enough for me

The article on bleeding the e30's coolant system is awesome!

Comment

wow, awesome car.. minus the auto

Comment

dats a pretty swank deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              Has anybody ever cruised the e30.de website? The DIY section is amazing! So many great ideas, and they are all cheap and effective!

Copying and pasting the pages into google translate works good enough for me

The article on bleeding the e30's coolant system is awesome!
              You should post these somewhere when you're done, clean them up a bit, that would be cool. I'm gonna check it out tonight.
              "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
              sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

But sure, that would be lame.

If you want to read them find them yourself.

Oh and .3mm valve adjustment (.012 inches) is the way to go!

Comment

^you might want to ask permission first.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ I posted this after I saw that comment.

Valve adjustment DIY, courtesy of E30.de. I cleaned up the translation a bit

"Ventilspiel einstellen - am M30, M10 und M20" is the title of the article, second from bottom under "motorraum" section of DIY

Valve clearance:

The engine should be cool enough, it is best if it is left over night. First, the 735i has the airbox over the valve cover,and this needs disassembled. After the 9 nuts are loosened you can remove the valve cover.

Any cylinder cam overlap bring:

With a B34 crankshaft flywheel nut on the car or move (with pickled 4th gear) you can now talk to the camshaft via a slow rotation. Here you should watch the rocker arms each cylinder and check for that cylinder, which are currently on cam overlap. The cams are then quite symmetrical up to a few millimeters, it does not matter here. By further moving the car or turning the crankshaft, each cylinder can thus bring to overlap.

Calculation:

By a simple calculation, we now determine which cylinder can be adjusted. This is not the fact of overlap, but the resulting as a result of the following simple calculation:

(7) minus (overlapping cylinders) = (variable cylinder)

So when the first cylinder just overlap, then you can set the sixth cylinder.

Feeler gauge to use:

Between the eccentric rocker arm and valve stem tip of a probe is now inserted empty, and thus checked the distance. In the first photo I have the range of the valve clearance times enlarged.

*Valve clearance

*Use of the sensor void

The real skill lies, to develop a feeling for the resistance, which produces the sensor void when pulled. Can it be introduced by pulling hard and then the game is much less than the face value. Fairly certain if the distance is now offering the following method:

Predetermined value for M30 valve clearance is 0.30 mm

void with a probe 0.30 mm insert
                    Excenterhaltemutter me loose 10 key ring
                    Twist eccentric with small nail or Allen, so that the eccentric presses against the sheet
                    Now back to shoot a very small hint, so that the blade loosens slightly
                    Excenterhaltemutter tighten
                    the 0.30 mm probe must be empty now can pass through relatively easily and without much effort
                    then used to control a probe with 0.35 mm void
                    they can pull themselves only with increased effort
                    Eccentric screw final
                    Was to check with the 0.35 mm sheet successfully, then the valve clearance is correct to 0.30 mm. The following errors are possible:
                    1.The vacuum sensor with 0.35 mm can introduce themselves and not at all more pull - then the 0.30 mm to tightly set, so again the procedure from the beginning.

Second The sensor void with 0.35 mm can be introduced relatively easily, only 0.40 mm is a little harder - it was the 0.30 mm play too loose.

The main skill is targeted is the rotation of the eccentric. Here you can, as described, the eccentric press against the gauge and take it back a little hint. This is actually quite good for beginners. Also possible is also pushing the eccentric from the beginning to very lightly against the paper, but really only very slightly, then results in a similar pressure. No matter how you do it, is crucial only the result, the control with the next larger probe emptiness that can only fit with a little effort. I do not mean brute force, because then fits down every probe void, because the valve can be so easily shift to the bottom.

Another tip: The Excenterhaltemutter should not be relaxed too far. Has proven to loosen only partial, then the eccentric is still somewhat compressed and simplified the specific rotation. Then the eccentric twist not by itself when the retaining nut tightening.

The values ​​are:

On M20 (320i, 323i, 325e, 325i), it has proven itself valve lash against the BMW with (0.25 mm) to adjust a little looser. i.e. 0.30 mm inlet-and outlet. This provides a more stable idle (especially at 320i) and a little ambitious in fuel mileage. The clickers of the valves is thus hardly noticeable louder, the measure is worthwhile in any case.

When M30 (528i, 535i, 735i, 635CSi, 530i, 730i), I have found several indications. Nearly all the repair manuals recommend 0.30 mm-inlet and outlet. The new repair manual for the 730i/735i/750i is 0.30 mm and 0.35 mm inlet-outlet side. So I've set for my 735i inlet and outlet sides loose 0.30 normal 0.35. As Ingo Köth told me, ALPINA has set for the M30 engine and the inlet side 0.35 mm and it has thus set a little more power (on the engine test bench).

The operation of this small improvement by larger valve clearance can be explained as follows: The rocker arm valve meets a little later but much more abrupt, as when the rocker shape of the cam would be followed without a jerk. This abrupt shift in the valve movement causes entrainment of the air column and leads to a small dahrer charging effect.

If you found it all too adventurous, no problem, you must try the not so. The entire community goes around Berlin www.e30.de with this setting and can only say positive. If you rumärgert you with sägendem idle, then you should definitely try this.

And in conclusion: too much clearance is significantly less dangerous than too small. The wear on the camshaft takes theoretically to something. Valve clearance is too small dense but the valves do not work properly from the exhaust valves and can overheat, because they are no longer enough rest in the valve seats. Possible consequence: valve outline.

Comment

Should I polish the db's or leave them black.

Comment

black

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
                          Should I polish the db's or leave them black.
                          How many wheels you got back there lol
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

at fucking last the alpine lives and sounds so good with the exhaust not connected
                            Originally posted by bmwm42
                            PNW vulture pm me for parts
                            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

at fucking last the alpine lives and sounds so good with the exhaust not connected
                                What was the fucking culprit?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X