X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    $450? still a ripoff..
    It's not a ripoff IMHO.

The fact that BMW has this available as new old stock at any price for a car they haven't produced in XX years is pretty remarkable IMHO.

Remember, other car companies start discontinuing parts as soon as they can get away with it... I am used to the world of parts unavailability, make-your-own parts and special tools, and hunting through the dealer network to find discontinued and NLA parts.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      LOL.

Paolo you should make it out to one of the Bert's gtgs. Actually, we should have the entire North crew come down one week.
      I would be down for that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

It's not a ripoff IMHO.

The fact that BMW has this available as new old stock at any price for a car they haven't produced in XX years is pretty remarkable IMHO.

Remember, other car companies start discontinuing parts as soon as they can get away with it... I am used to the world of parts unavailability, make-your-own parts and special tools, and hunting through the dealer network to find discontinued and NLA parts.
        Damn straight. It shocks me how many people think some BMW parts are overpriced and a rip off.

News flash, at least you can still BUY the damn things.

Hell 6 years ago I bought 2 brand new BMW MTECHNIC door sills for my mtech1 car.

They were $275 EACH, at a time when people wanted 300 - 400 bucks for a gritty used pair. I was very pleased to buy them and was even more happy that BMW had them.

Go to Audi and order a part for an old Quattro, odds are the parts guy does not even know what that is

Comment

Austin

Im going to pdx and I have for sale Stamars world famous

PASSENGER SIDE FENDER for coupe and sedan.

The single most discussed fender in r3vlimited history.

For sale, signed, for $40. Probably boost your coupes sale price by 300. At least good to throw in.

Let me know and I will bring it.

Comment

Yeah, when I first bought my M3 I couldn't believe that the Evo aerodynamics stuff (front spoiler, rear spoiler, etc) were still available NEW. Blew my mind. Y'all fuckers are spoiled, own a SAAB for a year and get back to me LOL.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Own a peice of r3v limited history.

Stamar II will even call you names for free.

Comment

Y'all fuckers are spoiled, own a SAAB for a year and get back to me LOL.
                Going on two months after ordering my new door, case in point. They're still producing new Saab body panels and I still can't even get one.
                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                2010 Buell XB9SX
                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

x eleventy billion.

The fact that they are even reproducing some of the parts for cars approx 30 years old and older is unheard of.

The price is the price. I would rather have a BMW part at 5 times the cost of any aftermarket knockoff. Despite the aftermarket fitment issues 9 times out of 10. Still haven't seen an aftermarket e30 m3 front wheel bearing that fits properly. I have play with 3 different manufactures when I was in a time pinch years ago.

Original parts FTMFW
                  sigpic

Comment

Having owned a 6 volt 1967 1600 (The color was....turf!) - I agree that mobile tradition is the shit.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                      Austin

Im going to pdx and I have for sale Stamars world famous

PASSENGER SIDE FENDER for coupe and sedan.

The single most discussed fender in r3vlimited history.

For sale, signed, for $40. Probably boost your coupes sale price by 300. At least good to throw in.

Let me know and I will bring it.
                      The spray painted fender? If so, I'll pass, but thanks for the offer, regardless.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                      Send over pictures and be prepared for a lowball ;) Yahhno,, in r3v fashion.
                      I've gotta drag the sedan down to the insurance adjuster tomorrow, so when I move the sedan out of the way of the coupe, I'll snag some pics for you!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I was pretty amazed too!!
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Where can I get an e throw out bearing right this minute?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                          sigpic

Comment

Just left work but we stock those. Sorry bro!

The E30 right?
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I am so upset, only thing I feel like doing is listening to some music.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                                Anyone need an '89 zinno coupe? Body is kinda rough but the fucking thing runs and drives awesomely.
                                Is this the $300 one on craigslist I told Lucky about?
                                Originally posted by James Crivellone
                                1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Working...
                                X