No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What black strip? Isn't that an mtechII bumper??

sigpic

Comment

ya it is.
      but it is a fiberglass version so I thought the orignal had a strip. Its been a hell of a long time since I looked that up actually.
      This is a mtech II copy. I cant remember what its called, replica? Fiberglass the orignal has a plastic strip let me find a picture.

I was going to look at pictures I thought i was missing a black strip

2 peice meets at the license plate.
      Last edited by stamar; 08-26-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I stand corrected and I dont even remember what Im thinking about. Must be mtech 1

Comment

You should have used paint from:

Restore your car's original paint with automotive paint that's an exact match for your car's color. Our touch-up paint is high quality to deliver professional results to every paint job. at AutomotiveTouchup

Colors are pretty dead on and much higher quality of paint. That rusto looks pretty rough.

Comment

Well i can if I want someday. Ill see how it looks when it gets sanded. To me it looks great but in the pic it looks orange.

I need to do some body work on the passenger side under the headlight then ill fasten it on and do more pics.

I have more color matching pics. Its at least as good as any paintscratch type of thing. youve got to realize my hood and fenders are oem paint 25 years old. Nothing can match it exactly.
            Last edited by stamar; 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

My bumper was painted to match my 30 year old bumpers and looks almost identical.

Comment

Its not even done Im trying to tack it down so I can sand it.

I took 2 pictures for color match and it looks good. when the orange peel from the clear is off it will blend in better. the zinno is more pink from 25 years of sun the regal red has orange.

This is the oldest car Ive ever owned by far. Its not necessarily how many years for a paint to fade, but how many rough years? Ive got parts from 2 zinno verts on my car and they dont match perfectly.

your paint could be older but the shade of white might never change from new. If my car paint hadnt faded over the years it would be closer to the new paint and paintscratch wouldnt be different.

ps I do like your bumper and white car. it looks like we just did the same thing.

edit I will say it is done painting as far as color. but its not done sanding out the finish.
                Last edited by stamar; 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

fuck... woke up at 3:30 and have been unable to get back to sleep. Today is going to be balls....

Comment

I hate when I wake up early...

Stamar did you buff the parts out? Sometimes a good orbital fixes the finish and sometimes the color.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Anyone know where to find good BBQ or tex-mex (like fajitas and chile con queso) in portland?
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        fuck... woke up at 3:30 and have been unable to get back to sleep. Today is going to be balls....
                        I got in last night at 4:30am. I am currently hating life. I feel your pain bro

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                          Anyone know where to find good BBQ or tex-mex (like fajitas and chile con queso) in portland?
                          Famous Dave's. So fucking good. Or, you could call BBQ2U and see I'd they'd deliver...
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

How much damage would a reconstructed title do on a price?
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

To the right person, nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                                Famous Dave's. So fucking good. Or, you could call BBQ2U and see I'd they'd deliver...
                                are you fuckin retarded? worst bbq chain of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X