Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks aj :)
    Transaction Feedback: -click here
    [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
    [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      No no, its not the ignition switch I need.. it is the actual ignition tumbler
      Call BMW, give them your VIN and have them code a cylinder to your original key. Win.
      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
        Nice ride.
        Thanks! Solid DD if I say so
        Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
        one more :D
        ^ This car! What film did you use on the high beams to get that nice peachy color? Been obsessed with this look ever since I saw it on your car!

Comment

So what is the market like for selling an Brilliantrot '91 318iS with 166k on the clock, price-wise? Looking to get out of her since my job has now having me with a much longer commute. She runs great but it seems every few months I'm replacing some other wear item on her so she's becoming more of a time sink than I can afford. So far, what she's got is...

The Good:
          + Billy sports with H&R sport springs (the 325, not the 318 ones for slightly higher spring rates)
          + 4.10 LSD
          + New clutch (about a year old)
          + New brakes and brake pads (3 years old)
          + New front control arms and FCABs (3 years old)
          + New rear upper strut mounts (3 years old)
          + New sway bar bushings (3 years old)
          + Hella H4 low beams (3 years old)
          + Yakima roof rack
          + RaceSkids skid plate
          + Z3 antenna, grommet, and base (see bad for note)

The Middle:
          = No rust, however paint has oxidization in places and the clear is starting to peel on the rear quarter panel.
          = Has full sport interior (most of it is in good condition other than the driver seat really does need to be re-covered)
          = Mtech 1 steering wheel, but it's definitely seen better days
          = A working stereo (see below, though) with the full Premium speaker setup
          = 14" Basketweaves with Falkien Ziex 912 with 25% tread left (with all of the caps!).
          = 14" Basketweave full sized spare with brand new Falkien Aziens 912 (no cap).
          = Nice dash cover for the cracked dash.
          = Purple tint (ugh.. but it works)

The Bad:
          - Sunroof is non-op (manual)
          - Dad broke the Z3 antenna base in the car when packing to go to the coast. However, the radio still works if the signal is strong enough. It's just something that eventually will need to be fixed.
          - The previous owner somehow managed to crease the oil filter housing (which would cause it to weep oil when the car was up to operational temp). He then JB welded it which, not surprisingly enough, eventually failed when I started chasing oil leaks after getting the car. Right now, the oil filter has all the old JB weld gone, hi-temp RTV applied and a rubber 3" pipe fitting holding it sealed. Hasn't leaked since (yeah, redneck.. but having it welded was a no-go and finding a replacement was fruitless).
          - Previous owner installed fog lights (with cracked lenses.. how great), however the harness between the bulbs and the chassis harness is missing. Also, there's no fog light switch in the car. I do have the switch (and an entire spare headlight control assembly), but never did get around to installing it.

The Optional:
          > 12" Lukebox with Obscon 12" sharkstooth sub (not installed).
          > A set of 14" bottlecaps with Blizzaks WS60s with only one season on them.
          > A nearly crack-free replacement dash (small crack in the passenger side) for the cracked dash in the car.
          > Odd bits and pieces that came off the car that I kept after replacing them

And if you want to see what she looks like, here she is playing around with the snow coming down....

Last edited by jquirit; 09-23-2012, 10:39 AM.

Comment

i know the guy selling this car if anyone is interested and wants me to check it out for them. the sellers name is denny hes an older dude who owns more bmw's than anyone i know.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
              one more :D
              I love it! I cannot wait to do a respray on my Brilliant 318iS.

The PO had it painted 'red' by Maaco after drivers front fender was replaced.

My clear coat is not so good. Luckily photoshop allows me to make it look great as below in my signature, haha. Also the area of concern is the roof mostly.

Also love the yellow hue on the high beams. I generally don't like it on red cars, but yours is pulling it off. I went with just a darker tint on mine.

For example:

Those are not stock sealed beams though, went with H1/H4.
              "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/3278982530.html

i know the guy selling this car if anyone is interested and wants me to check it out for them. the sellers name is denny hes an older dude who owns more bmw's than anyone i know.
                Mmm is that lachsilber? Im interesred. Tell us what else he has there.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                  Call BMW, give them your VIN and have them code a cylinder to your original key. Win.
                  thats the plan.

Comment

I lost my passenger side shadow line last night.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                    sigpic

Comment

Washed the e30...

Bored as fuck now.

Whats up with you guys?
                      -Andy

Comment

just bought a bottle of simple green. cleaning up the "new" car
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Went to pick n pull. There was a 523I euro there. euro parts and goodies are gone/smashed though.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

I have a problem with my car. I pressed the clutch pedal in all the way in and it got stuck on the floor. I pulled over and was able to manually pull my pedal back out with my hand. The pedal will spring back out if I don't depress it all the way to the floor. Since the bite point is not at the floor, I was able to drive it home. After turning the car off having driven a little bit, I can now press the clutch pedal all the way in and it will spring back out, but I think the spring now makes a horrible squealing noise when I depress the clutch.

What is broken on my clutch?
                            1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                            2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                            1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Did you check to see if it's leaking any fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                                anyone got an I or IS lip for sale?
                                got one 1 i and 1 iS for sale, PM me if you would like pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X