PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camip View Post
    Thanks I about shit my pants when I pulled up in the driveway. Starts right up kinda makes me proud to be American when I see stuff like that still running.
    Too bad we don't build anything anymore. America has got so lazy. Why fix it? Throw it away and buy another!

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
      Too bad we don't build anything anymore. America has got so lazy. Why fix it? Throw it away and buy another!
      For real I feel embarrassed. But Washington state does have the SSC

Comment

Car Tender or Group 2. Both are great shops and my guess is that they would charge about the same.
        1991 318i - Ground Control, 4.10 Limited Slip, Dinan Chip, Sport Interior - Daily Driver and Track Toy - Sold

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
          For real I feel embarrassed. But Washington state does have the SSC
          I would not be really that proud of that, they cost half a million dollars and look like a kit car that was built in some dudes home garage.

Comment

Finally got my stupid little part in the mail today!!! Thanks AAA325is

now to wait for some good weather

Comment

Our prices are competitive with the Dealer. That combined with the fact our shop is pretty much in Downtown Seattle makes for a variable labor rate most people are shocked to hear about. Especially when it comes to an "old" "easy to work on" BMW. Give us a call and ask for Josh for an idea of what'd it cost. I'm the Parts Manager here so as far as R3V estimates go that's not my department.

Just learned over time most guys on R3V don't want to spend the money to have professionals look at their cars. No offense just the trend I see. They'd rather have 18 year old Jimmy at Firestone get their suspension dialed in. Lifetime alignments. Lol
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I AM biased though. Work at an independent shop in Seattle for over 4 years and you'll probably feel the same way.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

BTW, Congrats to James and the BBQ2U Team for finishing 1st in their class. Fucking BadAss.
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

finally puttin in my fuel pump and o2 sensor tomorrow. decided i should take a day off at least once a month...

sigpic

Comment

Weekends off. That's the way it was meant to be.
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        Our prices are competitive with the Dealer. That combined with the fact our shop is pretty much in Downtown Seattle makes for a variable labor rate most people are shocked to hear about. Especially when it comes to an "old" "easy to work on" BMW. Give us a call and ask for Josh for an idea of what'd it cost. I'm the Parts Manager here so as far as R3V estimates go that's not my department.

Just learned over time most guys on R3V don't want to spend the money to have professionals look at their cars. No offense just the trend I see. They'd rather have 18 year old Jimmy at Firestone get their suspension dialed in. Lifetime alignments. Lol
                        Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        I AM biased though. Work at an independent shop in Seattle for over 4 years and you'll probably feel the same way.
                        Thanks for the explanation, it basically comes down the area's "market" we live in like you said. I dont trust the run of the mill pecker heads either ;)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          In in Lynnwood. My outward toe is too massive to go that far. I just need one wheel.
                          If its that far out give Joe at factory direct tire a call.You should be close to him.Theres no sense in wearing out a tire and driving around in the rain with a crappy handling car.The only adjustment on stock E30's is toe so anyplace can do it.

If your close to Everett, American car care on Evergreen way has alot of experience on e30's,thats where I take my drivers.

However,I highly recommend group2! Bring a drool cloth because there is always something cool in the shop.
                          1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

I've been thinkin a set of 18's would look good on the 6. Any thoughts? I hear people run them, but I am not sure that running a 35 series tire would give the comfort.

sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to take a sec to say
                              I love R3V

Just spent 10 minutes on the BFC e30 forum and now my head hurts.

That is all

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                                i've been thinkin a set of 18's would look good on the 6. Any thoughts? I hear people run them, but i am not sure that running a 35 series tire would give the comfort.
                                315/35r18

This your old one, my buddy sent me a pic of it?... its for sale haha

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Working...
                                X