No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just gonna stand back and film the fireball...
    -Andy

Comment

So I should run my electric fan on the aux fan low speed temp (91c) but on the high speed circuit? (bypass the resistor)

Last edited by EN318isPDX; 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I want keyless entry, and working seat heaters. Sigh.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          I want keyless entry, and working seat heaters. Sigh.
          I need a like button for ^

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            So I should run my electric fan on the aux fan low speed temp (91c) but on the high speed circuit? (bypass the resistor)
            I replaced the 91/99 degree switch with the 80/88 degree switch (61-31-8-361-787). I have the high speed hooked up to the 88, and the low speed is controlled by my A/C Button, either on or off... if I know it is going to get hot on the track or in traffic I can turn on the low speed before the car gets hot enough to trigger the 88 degree switch.
            "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Originally posted by BBDirtbiking View Post
              I replaced the 91/99 degree switch with the 80/88 degree switch (61-31-8-361-787). I have the high speed hooked up to the 88, and the low speed is controlled by my A/C Button, either on or off... if I know it is going to get hot on the track or in traffic I can turn on the low speed before the car gets hot enough to trigger the 88 degree switch.
              I prefer set it and forget it. Not a fan of pushing a button to turn my fan on.

Comment

I prefer set it and forget it. Not a fan of pushing a button to turn my fan on.
                Which is why I have the high speed connected to the 88 degree radiator switch, just a thought. 91/99 was too high for my preferences.

Also, this way you have both a high speed and low speed.

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Which is why I have the high speed connected to the 88 degree radiator switch, just a thought. 91/99 was too high for my preferences.

Also, this way you have both a high speed and low speed.
                  I just don't see a point of cooling prior to the thermostat opening. 91c is only a few degrees higher than 88c. The fan is 2500 CFM should be enough to keep it cool

If I have any issues I may try the switch you linked. Thanks, I was going to just do a 2 prong but I want to keep all stock connectors

Comment

I just don't see a point of cooling prior to the thermostat opening. 91c is only a few degrees higher than 88c. The fan is 2500 CFM should be enough to keep it cool

If I have any issues I may try the switch you linked. Thanks, I was going to just do a 2 prong but I want to keep all stock connectors
                    You will be fine with that setup for sure. Why not go down to the 88C thermostat? Or have you. Link me to your build thread! Haha.

One thing I would recommend is testing your switch. I had pulled my stock one out and it wouldn't trigger at all, I had a butane torch sitting on it, and nothing haha.

Comment

You will be fine with that setup for sure. Why not go down to the 88C thermostat? Or have you. Link me to your build thread! Haha.

One thing I would recommend is testing your switch. I had pulled my stock one out and it wouldn't trigger at all, I had a butane torch sitting on it, and nothing haha.
                      I have no build thread, I wasn't aware that M50 had something besides a 88 thermostat. As for the switch, radiator/switch is only a couple years old but no idea if the sensor works. I will just wire it in and see if it works while I bleed the system. If it doesnt work I will grab the 88 aux fan switch

Actually I do have a build thread, its this one! LOL

Comment

I have no build thread, I wasn't aware that M50 had something besides a 88 thermostat. As for the switch, radiator/switch is only a couple years old but no idea if the sensor works. I will just wire it in and see if it works while I bleed the system. If it doesnt work I will grab the 88 aux fan switch
                        True on the M50 88C Thermostat I think... My motor was throwing me off, it came with a 91C in the E39 M52B28, now has the 88C accordingly. The switch should be fine if it's only a couple years old. Mine was 21 years old, so no surprise it didn't work, I didn't even have a fan for it to run. But then again I had a gauge temperature sender die after a month...

Comment

Comment

What'd you lower it on Toes?

Also is that a Volvo lip? Looks goofy, but hey it's your car! :up:
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I havent pulled the sides in yet.. it will look better by the weekend.

I lowered the ground clearance.. 3.5 inches now in the front because of the lip

Comment

So no springs? Just the Volvo Lip made it lower?

Please don't say you cut the springs.
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X