PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Go Pro's record shitty audio. So that's not going to do us much good.

Comment

I had a talkboy as a kid. It's probably still around somewhere, I'm sure.

Adam, you know if my 40D records video? I never bothered to check. lol
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Also, been thinking of switching to a ZF trans the last couple nights.

I wonder what a refreshed G260 with new(ish) clutch/pressure plate/starter, shaved m20 flywheel, white325is trans brace, 10 degree twist dssr, 2 325i drivelines and a S3.73 diff is worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Also, been thinking of switching to a ZF trans the last couple nights.

I wonder what a refreshed G260 with new(ish) clutch/pressure plate/starter, shaved m20 flywheel, white325is trans brace, 10 degree twist dssr, 2 325i drivelines and a S3.73 diff is worth?
          I <3 my ZF, ur welcome to drive it

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            I <3 my ZF, ur welcome to drive it
            Did you ever figure out your selector rod issue? My only gripe is how funny they shift, even with a short shifter.

Comment

Did you ever figure out your selector rod issue? My only gripe is how funny they shift, even with a short shifter.
              Dennis said he has a z3/4 shifter with his zf320, so im curious to see how it feels (if he'll let me touch it ). he said it feels nice and notchy...
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Ian has a UUC EVO ssk and it was notchy as balls with his G240, not nearly the same notchiness with his ZF trans.

Comment

I have heard too many "zf stuck in third" threads to switch out my trusty getrag. And, i drove an e46 with a zf320 iirc. I did not like how it felt, felt mushy/sloppy. Stock though. My 260 has about 500k on it with no rebuild and is noisy as fuck in every gear but still shifts very nice and takes the abuse i give it like a champ.
                  -Andy

Comment

And, if you know the way i drive...
                    -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                      I have heard too many "zf stuck in third" threads to switch out my trusty getrag. And, i drove an e46 with a zf320 iirc. I did not like how it felt, felt mushy/sloppy. Stock though. My 260 has about 500k on it with no rebuild and is noisy as fuck in every gear but still shifts very nice and takes the abuse i give it like a champ.
                      I dunno, my Getrag always grinded 2nd gear, i've yet to grind any gears and i slam gears hard. I feel like its notchier and less loosey goosey than my getrag (probably because its almost a decade newer) Not to mention its not ghetto mounted but if you searched about ZF's you will find alot of complains about shift detent/5th/reverse shift pin issues. No issues here

Ian has a UUC EVO ssk and it was notchy as balls with his G240, not nearly the same notchiness with his ZF trans.
                      UUC EVO1

Nope no funds atm to buy a DSSR, I believe they used a E30 325i selector rod or a ZF310. I believe its too short, so next month I will be getting the correct length DSSR/EVO3 and we shall see how the ZF feels when done correctly
                      Last edited by EN318isPDX; 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

My living room is like a auto shop storage room right now. Boxes with brakes, suspension parts, 'is' lip, alpina wheels, tires... Lucky that my gf isn't too angry about that.

By the way, 195/60R14 tires anyone? Almost brand new!
                        Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

The BMW showroom girls keep getting uglier and uglier!

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
                          My living room is like a auto shop storage room right now. Boxes with brakes, suspension parts, 'is' lip, alpina wheels, tires... Lucky that my gf isn't too angry about that.

Very nice! Sounds like its coming along quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post

Nice!! Didn't know you had Alpinas on deck. We installing those the same time we do the suspension goodies? If she has anything to say you can keep some of the suspension components in my garage till the time comes.. Seeing as we are pretty much neighbors!
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

My Getrag makes alot of noise, grind in second sometimes, and has slop. I have yet to drive a ZF so I can't say much.

But it still hasn't quit on me :)
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                                The BMW showroom girls keep getting uglier and uglier!

They're just keeping in step with the new BMWs - bigger/heavier/uglier.
                                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                                X