PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
    My living room is like a auto shop storage room right now. Boxes with brakes, suspension parts, 'is' lip, alpina wheels, tires... Lucky that my gf isn't too angry about that.

By the way, 195/60R14 tires anyone? Almost brand new!
    what brand/model of tire?

Comment

My living room is like a auto shop storage room right now. Boxes with brakes, suspension parts, 'is' lip, alpina wheels, tires..
      Same, I have coolant refresh parts, interior peices, and my wheels. It's ridiculous.

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
        They're just keeping in step with the new BMWs - bigger/heavier/uglier.
        because americans love it bigger and fatter!

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          because americans love it bigger and fatter!
          If I had the energy I'd get out of my chair and hit you for that.
          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
          2010 Buell XB9SX
          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
            If I had the energy I'd get out of my chair and hit you for that.
            Yep and a long drive, but what else should German's think when we have shows like ugly fat little spoiled girl, and all the reality/lazy programming we have

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            Also, been thinking of switching to a ZF trans the last couple nights.

I wonder what a refreshed G260 with new(ish) clutch/pressure plate/starter, shaved m20 flywheel, white325is trans brace, 10 degree twist dssr, 2 325i drivelines and a S3.73 diff is worth?
            I bet you could trade it for a certain blue 318

Comment

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359591046136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	7151415

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359591063160.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	7151416

Turbo 6spd 850i, CSi kit, Kenesis Wheels.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359591137327.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	7151417

Dinan 8 Automatic just got some brand new Dinan Wheels and tires.

Threw a pretty stock, but very clean 850i into the mix for some contrast. They JUST don't make them like they used to, do they?

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359591274478.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	7151418

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359591311885.jpg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	7151419

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Thank you! I love E31s
                  Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
                  past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                    I have heard too many "zf stuck in third" threads to switch out my trusty getrag. And, i drove an e46 with a zf320 iirc. I did not like how it felt, felt mushy/sloppy. Stock though. My 260 has about 500k on it with no rebuild and is noisy as fuck in every gear but still shifts very nice and takes the abuse i give it like a champ.
                    My thoughts exactly, but I would just buy all new detents so I wouldn't have that issue. And, yes, we all know how you drive ;)
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Very nice! Sounds like its coming along quickly!
                      Plan is to install the parts on the front next weekend at kid325e's garage!

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                      Nice!! Didn't know you had Alpinas on deck. We installing those the same time we do the suspension goodies? If she has anything to say you can keep some of the suspension components in my garage till the time comes.. Seeing as we are pretty much neighbors!
                      Alpinas will wait till around March - I have snow tires on since I go to Stevens almost every weekend. I think she's ok with it for now. She didn't like it when I had the diff (3.73S) on the living room floor. Had to move it to her parents' garage.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      what brand/model of tire?
                      The tires are all season Landsail LS688 rated 86H (Chinese brand). I got 'em for bottlecaps right after I bought the car and drove less than 500 miles on them. The only reason I got these tires were the price - got 'em for $200 with mount/balance. Selling for $120 OBO.

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                      Same, I have coolant refresh parts, interior peices, and my wheels. It's ridiculous.
                      Need a garage. Group buy? haha
                      Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

Aaand I finally installed the fog lights. Thanks to Paolo (he got me the installation hardware) bolting them on wasn't an issue. Took a while to find the switch harness under the dash. I had to take off the foam thing, silver box (Bosch) and orange box (Siemens, I think it's airbag controller) and then it was pretty clear.

The passenger side fog light doesn't light up even though there is voltage on the plug. Going to buy a new bulb and see if it helps.
                        Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

Aaand I finally installed the fog lights. Thanks to Paolo (he got me the installation hardware) bolting them on wasn't an issue. Took a while to find the switch harness under the dash. I had to take off the foam thing, silver box (Bosch) and orange box (Siemens, I think it's airbag controller) and then it was pretty clear.

The passenger side fog light doesn't light up even though there is voltage on the plug. Going to buy a new bulb and see if it helps.
                          Yep sounds like a bulb

Silver box is ABS and you are correct on the airbag

Comment

Who doesn't love E31's? I'll tell you, goddamn communists and homosexuals, that's who!

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                              Your Gotti's look good just sitting on the floor, mount them already haha

Comment

Yep sounds like a bulb

Silver box is ABS and you are correct on the airbag
                                Yep it was the bulb.

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                                Who doesn't love E31's? I'll tell you, goddamn communists and homosexuals, that's who!
                                Communists like E31's.
                                Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

Working...
                                X