Clear All

Anyone else still awake?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
      Anyone else still awake?
      Me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Me waiting in walmart line... 2 more days of swing shift left!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Edit. I love my continential exreme contact dsw. Best tire for wa ive ever used.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
          Anyone else still awake?
          Always

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Imo it's built just to compete with the McClaren p1.

Rather have a Spyker over a Ferrari any day.
          All these were built to compete with the 190E

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Yea I find that bullshit no way there isn't a car that doesn't appeal to you....

It really isn't bullshit. New cars are not built to last, and are designed as fashion accessories. That wasn't always the case. I'm firmly stuck on any car that comes with its own tools in the trunk.

Current car makers seem to spend millions on seperating the driver from the road and removing the connection to the machine. No checking your own oil, electromechanical steering, plastic engine covers, super quiet cabins, parking assist, backup cameras, etc, etc.

They can take all that shit and shove it up their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
              It really isn't bullshit. New cars are not built to last, and are designed as fashion accessories. That wasn't always the case. I'm firmly stuck on any car that comes with its own tools in the trunk.
              I guess you need to be less ignorant then. Cars have always been fashion accessories. If they werent every car would look like a fucking minivan. Im also not a fan of new cars, in general, but let me tell you a quick story.

I was driving my mom to visit my Grandpa a few months ago. My Dad has a E320 vert that we drove. On the way (~150 mile trip) a terrible noise started coming from underneath the car. I pulled over to find a stupid plastic belly pan had broken an attachment and was dragging underneath the car. I popped the trunk pulled out the trunk mat, factory tools and factory jack and pulled the pan off while my mom sat comfortably in the car. The Benz even had cloth gloves so my hands wouldnt get dirty. They had all the bases covered. I was impressed.

You new car haters, what are your thoughts on a Lotus Elise? I think its a fuckin badass car. Simple, light, simply awesome. Give me an electric one and Im a happy camper. Oh thats right, they already make an Electric one
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I would personally be happy to get behind the wheel of several new Audi's, or a VW that has GTI or TDI in the name, or a diesel 1 ton dually from either of the big 3

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Thank you, alot of new cars do have tools in the trunk still. Also Lotus is a major player i think in keeping the driver connected.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

There are good cars and bad cars from all generations and all makes.
                    1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                      There are good cars and bad cars from all generations and all makes.
                      Zastava Automobiles never made any good cars.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                        koenigsegg > spyker
                        This x10000 Swede's FTW.

Have you seen any of the Volvo's the guys over at Koenigsegg have built?

Well this is one of them:

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                            You new car haters, what are your thoughts on a Lotus Elise? I think its a fuckin badass car. Simple, light, simply awesome. Give me an electric one and Im a happy camper. Oh thats right, they already make an Electric one
                            I sat in one and was wholly disappointed. Hard to get in/out of, feel of everything was junk. I almost pulled the trigger on an Evora though. Just a few interior bits and the lack of a front trunk (and the tiny rear trunk) were turnoffs though. And the fact that my e30 whipped it hard.

Anyone who says that new cars aren't built to last is an absolute fool. We drive cars longer and harder than ever before and abuse them like never before and they just bend over and take it. Want to know why there are no tools in the back? They don't break down a quarter as often as a 20 year old car. The advances that we've made in automotive technology are astounding and to say anything to the contrary is lunacy.

There were people like you when the e30 came out who hated that it had electronic fuel injection too. There were people in the 60s who hated power steering and AC. Every generation always pines for the "simplicity" of the generation before, just wait when kids start pining for a Mazda3 because it's so "simple" and old-timey.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post

Current car makers seem to spend millions on seperating the driver from the road and removing the connection to the machine. No checking your own oil, electromechanical steering, plastic engine covers, super quiet cabins, parking assist, backup cameras, etc, etc.

They can take all that shit and shove it up their asses.
                              Jesus I know. Those new cars in the 80s have nothing to do with driving anymore. Damn power disc brakes, power locks, power windows, dimming Interior lights, synchronized gears, fuel injection, starter motors, seat belts, on board computers, FM radio, reclining seats, and air conditioning. They are nothing like the cars of my time with our hand cranks.

Get real dude. The tool kits in the E30s are just as useless as the new tool kits. And the E30 is all about style. It was a yuppie mobile of the finest. Your argue holds no water. Newer cars are more efficient, faster, and handle just as well if not better. Literally your argument holds no water and can be made for every generation of car since the buggy.
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

This is turning into a British car vs a Prius argument, some people enjoy to wrench on there cars some do not. If you want to just get in a car and have it be reliable and dependable go buy a newer eco box. If you enjoy constantly fixing and upgrading your car get an old car or any british car

Comment

Working...
                                X