PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
    well it's either leave it on the street here in front of my folks house, or take it with me and try and get a garage/spot for it. we'll see how my first year goes i guess.
    get a bicycle!!

...Or a scooter. Cheapest & fastest way to get around Seattle. 90mpg ruckus, fill up every 1.5 weeks for $5...

And live in the dorms, you won't ever get to do it again. I wish I could.
    -Peter
    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
    '91 318is slicktop project
    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
    '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      Gotta love the value of a sleeper! Lol
      This ^1
      Originally posted by Habla View Post
      get a bicycle!!

...Or a scooter. Cheapest & fastest way to get around Seattle. 90mpg ruckus, fill up every 1.5 weeks for $5...

And live in the dorms, you won't ever get to do it again. I wish I could.
      In WA you don't have to insure motorcycles/scooters either. I bought my first for $650 just because I couldn't afford a crap car (and its maintenance/insurance). But then at $125/yr for full insurance coverage, I wised up before anything dumb happened.
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Those of you with M20's.... I have a random yet important question. When cranking, do you normally see oil seep out of the galleys in the head and or oil squirters or is there a minimum rpm (once started) that you will see this...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

For me at idle it just drips out of the oil bar, and volume increases with rpm.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
            This ^1

In WA you don't have to insure motorcycles/scooters either. I bought my first for $650 just because I couldn't afford a crap car (and its maintenance/insurance). But then at $125/yr for full insurance coverage, I wised up before anything dumb happened.
            Also, UW parking for scooters/motorcycles is like, $50 a quarter.
            Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
              For me at idle it just drips out of the oil bar, and volume increases with rpm.

I will probably have to get it started to verify the pump is working correctly. I cranked for 3 (10) second bursts in hopes to prime the system, i did not see anything seeping out of the head while cranking.

The oil pump has 8k miles on it since new, verified the assembly was turning as well. Just covering my ass, thanks for any insight..

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                I could see it being the ATS-V engine instead of the LS3/LT1/LSA but all of the HiPo motors in the LS series will likely start moving to the LT base.
                True, I can't wait to see what the General comes up with in regards to the hipo cars. If they're going to stuck with some forced induction or go back to a displacement increase.

Either way, an ATS-V might be fun. I wonder how the car would handle the extra power.
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Hey guys. So my parts came in!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363652368.289007.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	7152728Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363652377.605224.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	7152729

So excited. Now I wanna know how the f**** do you get this thing off the water pump!? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363652428.247361.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	7152730
                  The fan holder thing. It's pissing me off! Lol
                  sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                  1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                  1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                  1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                  (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                  1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                  2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                  2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Put the 4 bolts back in the pulley and use a big flathead between 2 bolts to hold it while turning CLOCKWISE to loosen the clutch.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                      If you are financing your entire education then selling the E30 isn't even going to make a dent. And when you need a car after school you most likely wont be able to afford one for awhile due to the debt. I'd say keep it.
                      OR
                      LY?

The cost of fuel and insurance alone is enough to take up a whole food, clothes, and school supply budget.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                        Living debt free is the key to success. Period
                        That reminds me, don't I owe you a bunch of money?

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                          Put the 4 bolts back in the pulley and use a big flathead between 2 bolts to hold it while turning CLOCKWISE to loosen the clutch.
                          Thanks man, your a life savor.. i would have never figured that out!
                          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                            OR
                            LY?

The cost of fuel and insurance alone is enough to take up a whole food, clothes, and school supply budget.
                            We are talking about student loans, not living expenses. Those are things you need to pay for regardless of being in school or not. If you cannot afford to feed yourself then obviously you shouldn't own a vehicle.
                            Originally posted by Sonny
                            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                              Hey guys. So my parts came in!!! [ATTACH]67968[/ATTACH][ATTACH]67969[/ATTACH]
                              my .02 spend another $40 or whatever it is and buy a Goetze or Elring Headgasket
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Whoop whoop re aligned my trunk and mounted my e28 spoiler. And I cleaned up my new hood. Ill probably line it up on the next sunny day.

Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X