No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fucking cocksucker stole one of my E36 M3 midsections with cats. I'm pissed. There goes $150...
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Unfortunately you can't leave that shit unlocked anymore.

I had someone steal a car battery from me about a year ago. Pissed me off, especially when I needed it.
      -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Some fucking cocksucker stole one of my E36 M3 midsections with cats. I'm pissed. There goes $150...
        This reminds me I need to put the downpipes/cats from the 318is in the garage, someone would steal those for sure.

Had a bike stolen right from my porch...

Edit:

By the way, anyone know of a good concoction to put an engine block in to get it back to shiny aluminum color? Turning my M42 Block into a table and dont want to have it sand/bead/media blasted.
        Last edited by Wschnitz; 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          This reminds me I need to put the downpipes/cats from the 318is in the garage, someone would steal those for sure.

Had a bike stolen right from my porch...

Edit:

By the way, anyone know of a good concoction to put an engine block in to get it back to shiny aluminum color? Turning my M42 Block into a table and dont want to have it sand/bead/media blasted.
          Well it is an iron block so it won't be shiny..... but you could powerwash it thoroughly and paint it metallic gold or whatever

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
            Well it is an iron block so it won't be shiny..... but you could powerwash it thoroughly and paint it metallic gold or whatever
            Ahh it is Iron then? That explains why its rusty inside, duh silly me.

Ill Probably Power wash it and then paint the outside aluminum color. It feels super light so I assumed Aluminum alloy.

Going to leave the Crank and pistons in, and put the oil filter back on as a remote/drink holder. My little flatscreen should look nice on it.
            willschnitz

Comment

Anyone know where I can buy the cam locking tool for less than 100 dollars? Fleebay seems to have the best deal

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post

Anyone know where I can buy the cam locking tool for less than 100 dollars? Fleebay seems to have the best deal

less then $15 and it works great...

2006 Subaru WRX
                1987 E30 Royalblau Metallic S52 OBDii
                1982 VW Westfalia 1.5d-gone

Comment

I made my own cam locking tools out of just angle steel.

I measured my friends aluminum blocks so I can machine my own legit looking ones.
                  "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Just washed the e30.
                    -Andy

Comment

Just farted in my office.

Comment

Hoping hot sales chick doesn't decide to come chat for AT LEAST an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          Try factory wheel outlet.
                          I just called them. They ballparked it at $200-250 per wheel. I sent out some other requests for quotes, and am going to drive down to FWO tomorrow so they can see them in person. I'm going to see if I can knock the price down by breaking the wheels down before hand.

Comment

Word.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Can one of you answer my wheel question? I know some of you run the E38 style 5s
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by dynoclimb View Post

less then $15 and it works great...
                                Done this method but its for a business so no jerry rigging. Guess ill order the Taiwan one

Comment

Working...
                                X