No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just be aware that shaky can and epoxy paint don't like each other. Remove all traces if it when you do a proper respray.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
      Thats why I like schwartz, its just black haha.
      Actually no, it is not. Schwartz is actually a fairly tough one to match perfectly. It changes so much in different light.
      -Andy

Comment

Go shit brown

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
          Just be aware that shaky can and epoxy paint don't like each other. Remove all traces if it when you do a proper respray.
          When the proper respect comes the car will be stripped down to bare metal and completely disassembled......but that's not happening till I buy a house with a garage

Comment

Respray*

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
              Actually no, it is not. Schwarz is actually a fairly tough one to match perfectly. It changes so much in different light.
              Word. Paint fades with time, so black is actually pretty difficult to match. The worst is reds, though (ask me how I know.)
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Schwartz and other metallic paints are the hardest to match. Solids are easy by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                  Actually no, it is not. Schwartz is actually a fairly tough one to match perfectly. It changes so much in different light.
                  Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Word. Paint fades with time, so black is actually pretty difficult to match. The worst is reds, though (ask me how I know.)
                  Schwartz and other metallic paints are the hardest to match. Solids are easy by comparison.
                  True, if I was matching a fender or a door. I think its far enough away from the body paint that its hard to tell. Plus most people are just like oh.. its black.

My bumpers turned out well, but my black is for sure faded enough to where I can't touch up with dulplicolor.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

If you want to match or spot in older paint, instead of using the factory paint code, have it color matched to the existing paint. If you do a mettalic, spray it the way it's going to mount on the body; ie the hood horizontal, the doors vertical.

Comment

If you want to match or spot in older paint, instead of using the factory paint code, have it color matched to the existing paint. If you do a mettalic, spray it the way it's going to mount on the body; ie the hood horizontal, the doors vertical.
                      Yeah I bought a tiny bit of touch up paint from paintscratch. Lets just say its extremely useless besides touching up my IS lip.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
                        I have one it blows, if anyone locally has one I can use for the day let me know. I want to blast this thing off.
                        Whats wrong with your trans?

Comment

The E21's came home today.

Comment

Looking good in your driveway!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

It's nice to have my junk where it belongs. Rusting away under my roof.

Comment

Going to post a bunch of pics here from the other night, we stayed up late and installed the BritPart 2 inch lift and steelies/32's. Haven't been able to organize any good off road trip yet, just beat around in the woods behind the shop. Have driven around town a bit though, have been getting lots of comments on the giant lug nuts haha.
                                Tire size is 235/85/16 on a 16x8 wheel

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                                X