• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
    Fuck timing belts
    distributorless ignition ftw

Comment

Meh Timing belts are fairly reliable. Just replace every 30k-50k or as much as your fucking want and you're good to go
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

^Or not. Timing belts suck, period.

Comment

Water pumps last at least 90k...... timing belts blow

Comment

My TB lasted 5k before jumping 10 teeth at 6k rpm. I would explain why, but none of you would believe me, tell me i am full of shit and there is just no way it could happen. Becauseyouweretherewhenithappened
            -Andy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365223450360.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	7153405

Gerta!

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365223469193.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	7153406

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365223485574.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	7153407
              LWT!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Got an e30 m3 today!

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365226461.803250.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	7153409

For a buck!!!!!!

Comment

So I just scored a nice 262 dogleg transmission at the local pick and pull. Double checked if it is indeed it is and I'm so glad I found this at the same time in doing my swap. Maybe this is just the right time.

If you don't know the 262, it's the same as the 265/5, but with the old 262 4-speed casting. Still has the dog-leg first gear. Only down side is that there is no overdrive, so I may just have to change up my final drive with something a little more conservative. Maybe a 3.46 will do it justice, or I'll keep my current diff in and romp around like a raped ape

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                      imo if you want style 5's go 5 lug. there is a reasons its illegal, shits wack

please dont ruin a set of style 5's....
                      This... Just run Adapters

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                      Stephen has some adapters (not sure if they're the right size) that he's not using.
                      They're 5x130 porsche fitment, Corey needs to buy them off him already lol

Comment

Too much drank last night.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                          So I just scored a nice 262 dogleg transmission at the local pick and pull. Double checked if it is indeed it is and I'm so glad I found this at the same time in doing my swap. Maybe this is just the right time.

If you don't know the 262, it's the same as the 265/5, but with the old 262 4-speed casting. Still has the dog-leg first gear. Only down side is that there is no overdrive, so I may just have to change up my final drive with something a little more conservative. Maybe a 3.46 will do it justice, or I'll keep my current diff in and romp around like a raped ape
                          Nice score. Hopefully it's in good shape. They don't stand up well to hard shifting and such. A 3.07 is what came stock with a dogleg, but a 3.25 would be perfect.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I figured that even a 3.46 might be a little too short. Now that I have all the big parts besides the driveline, all these little parts are killing me. About 450 for clutch kit, master and slave, flex disk, csb, yada yada. I spent less getting the trans, bell housing, pedals and other big parts. I want to throw a BBQ and swap this tranny in a day. Would there be any interest in having a swap party. I provide the booze and food and you all help me with swapping this thing. What do you say!?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                              I figured that even a 3.46 might be a little too short. Now that I have all the big parts besides the driveline, all these little parts are killing me. About 450 for clutch kit, master and slave, flex disk, csb, yada yada. I spent less getting the trans, bell housing, pedals and other big parts. I want to throw a BBQ and swap this tranny in a day. Would there be any interest in having a swap party. I provide the booze and food and you all help me with swapping this thing. What do you say!?
                              People help me, I help them. I'm in.

Moving back to Seattle in May! Gonna have a garage!!
                              -Peter
                              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                              '91 318is slicktop project
                              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                              '00 Tundra

Comment

....booooooooo >:(

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Working...
                                X