X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, Andy...just buy my spare eta trans and driveline. $150
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Not going to spend money on it. I'm fucking cheap. I will probably just drain my 260 when i pull it, put a couple quarts of brake clean or solvent or something, shake it up, swish it around, drain it and re-seal, fill with redline.

It was just an idea. I can get a 16v trans for $50 and very low miles.
      -Andy

Comment

Have fun not being able to shift into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th after a couple hard pulls with that g240. Lol
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
          Not going to spend money on it. I'm fucking cheap. I will probably just drain my 260 when i pull it, put a couple quarts of brake clean or solvent or something, shake it up, swish it around, drain it and re-seal, fill with redline.

It was just an idea. I can get a 16v trans for $50 and very low miles.
          I have an eta tranny. And I almost have all the parts to put my motor together. Maybe we can work out a deal. Text me

Comment

I'll try to remember dude. I have the attention span of a hummingbird when it comes to remembering shit. Lol.

Any 260 will work. My shift console isnt attached to the trans anymore so thats no issue. TO bearing will get replaced with whatever one i need.
            -Andy

Comment

Anyone have a good microphone with a foam cover I want to capture the sound of my exhaust this weekend!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
              sigpic

Comment

Just set your phone on the ground and blow the shit out of the microphone it has... That's the cool way to do it, or so it seems on YouTube... >_<
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Any good local sources for rebuilt ATE or Girling Calipers?

Finally got my e30 back on the road this week after 10 months!

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    Any good local sources for rebuilt ATE or Girling Calipers?

Finally got my e30 back on the road this week after 10 months!
                    Congrats!!
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I have a sparco evo installed now and i'm sitting so far back my head is right by the b-pillar

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Okay, wtf starter am I supposed to use for my m50nv/g260

-Original E starter is too big and hits a tapped casting protrusion on the block. Should I just shave this bracket hole off the block?
                          -M50 starter has an obviously larger starter gear that I doubt will work (am I wrong here?)
                          -Picked up a late I starter from my work and the same casting protrusion interferes with the rear side brace bolts coming out of the starter. Even if I wanted to shave the bolts down to fit the starter I'd have to run no rear brace because the brace is at a different angle than the block.
                          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Use the starter that matches your flywheel. M20 "i" flywheel/starter, etc.

Also, if using M20 flywheel, the back needs to be shaved all the way down to the ring gear or it will not turn over.

Comment

I have never had any starter fitment issues with any of my 24v cars. Take a pic so I can see what you're talking about.

Comment

I'm using the original E fly. I had local shop shave it so it's clearance to the pan, thank you.

I said screw the starters, brand new m20 guts+drive gear swapped into m50 case. Apply power and it turns the motor over. Forgot I left it in gear and my car kicked me in the shin with the bumper. It's definitely my kind of day. :rofl:

I'm having trouble with the simplest shit of this swap. Fabricate trans xmember? No problem! Read wiring diagram and splice some pins around? Piece o' cake! Build efan mounts with factory style switch? That's a cinch! Bolt a starter to the motor? F you! :rofl:
                                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
                                X