PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    Believe I can stuff my fingers behind the head, What motor mounts are you using? E28 mounts have to be placed in the "alignment" holes.
    E28 m5 mounts flipped so the stud goes in the slotted hole and the alignment tab goes into the old bolt hole.

I can MAYBE stuff a picky between the head and the firewall. However, the trans doesn't sit flush on the g260 swap brace. With condor factory replacement mounts I have a hair under a quarter inch gap on the passenger side mount when the driver side mount is snugged down.
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

what a shame

Comment

^^^^"brown head gasket" ??? :rofl:

Ian, did you buy the swap brace for Gun Metal Grey?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          ^^^^"brown head gasket" ??? :rofl:

Ian, did you buy the swap brace for Gun Metal Grey?
          Yup, yup. Made my own xmember and things seemed wonky, so I bought his and things still seem wonky.
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350

Comment

thats one of the only things I havent bought yet. probably going to modify the stock one. I have an idea on how I want to do it. do you have your stock one laying around?
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah, you can have it if you want it?

Comment

yea that would be cool. I'll show you my idea when I cruise by. PM me your # again Ill come to you tomorrow. I want to see your rides in person

edit:Here is a pic I found online which is kinda what I want to do, but not so ghetto

Last edited by 2mAn; 04-27-2013, 12:02 AM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

why modify stock when a new one is easier? the mount on the right needs modified too...

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    why modify stock when a new one is easier? the mount on the right needs modified too...
                    Modified stock xmember is all but free. The "new" one is $70. You'd get more value by spending that $70 on a couple dances from struggling single mothers. I thought I was having issues with my fabricated one that the special new one would alleviate. Nope. Oh well.

Comment

If you can modify a stock one, surely you can make your own???

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        If you can modify a stock one, surely you can make your own???
                        I can't speak for anyone else but yeah, that's what I did. A piece of scrap 3/16" I had.

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                        Made my own xmember and things seemed wonky, so I bought his and things still seem wonky.
                        But what difference does modifying a stock vs from scratch make?

Comment

There is no difference, toes just thinks there is.

What swap are you doing again iansane? I forgot to ask when you came and snatched my windshield in remarkable speed.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

At that point, I'm pretty sure I was running the factory motor. I'm in the process of putting in an m50nv. Not a crazy swap at all but I seem to be having random hiccups. I'm regretting not throwing in my spare LS motor.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                              At that point, I'm pretty sure I was running the factory motor. I'm in the process of putting in an m50nv. Not a crazy swap at all but I seem to be having random hiccups. I'm regretting not throwing in my spare LS motor.
                              Ahh, fairly simple swap then, sucks its not as simple as it should be for you.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Ian, just sell me the LS. I will tell you about the swap I want to do when I drop by tomorrow. It will help fund a turbo kit for the M50, then you wont regret going with a 24v
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X