No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of buying another fixie. I had an '09 Bianchi Pista that I bought almost new and it was my favorite road bike I've owned (besides my old race bike.) Too old to ride BMX (my knees can't do it anymore) and don't have time for mountain biking (although I do miss it.) I could go run errands and such on a road bike at least.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

It'd be a lot of fun, and another reason for me to come visit Portland. Come ride road bikes (Not really into fixes quite yet) around one of the best states to be a cyclist.

What're you looking at? Something old and cheap to ride?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I rode fixies for years. Got hit twice in one day and decided that was enough and sold my bike. Worst decision ever. I bought a full carbon ex race bike from my uncle a few months later that was amazing but a little too tall for me and waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed my back up to ride, so I sold it. 2nd worst decision.

For a complete bike, the pista or the San Jose were the best bang for your buck at the time. I rode a Specialized Langster a couple times and liked it, but it was too heavy for my tastes. The San Jose was heavy too, but a great commuter. I've always built my own bikes over the years, so maybe I'll just start piecing one together again. It is nice to just get on a complete and go, though.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Sold my fixie a couple years ago. I'm to old for that shit. Single speed with some brakes is a nice way to commute fixies are too much work

Comment

Any body hear about that bridge collapsing on i5 over the skagit river?

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
              Any body hear about that bridge collapsing on i5 over the skagit river?
              Hits too close to home for me. The GF travels that bridge about every other day..

1987 AlpinweiĂź 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Yeah it's crazy. Watching the news feed right now.

Comment

:finger:
                  Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  whats wrong with a five panel hat?

5 panels are NOT the new snapback

the hat is comfortable and well made and the best part is that it was made in LA and I supported some kids dreams when I bought it

ripndip is the the brand

and Joel please explain to me how wearing a unique, fun, and high quality hat makes me a douche... PLEASE
                  I dunno wtf Joel's talking about but.... Ripndip is a retarded skate crew out of Florida that made YouTube videos called the weekendtage. Which then caught hype when they were on the berrics for haveing good skate videos. Now they they've released two team videos cosmic vomit 1 & 2. Some dudes went pro or are at least sponsored and started their own company when the berrics gave them a video gig in la. Like that's sorta the jist gotta watch the vids. Yoga. Stuckey is a weirdo but waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing kills it.

Comment

Mobile link but whatever

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                      Hits too close to home for me. The GF travels that bridge about every other day..

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/i-5-...hicles-/nX2d5/
                      waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles im on that bridge like everyday. I saw 3 people get rescued and no deaths.
                      Originally posted by blunttech
                      r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Looks like everyone already knows about the bridge collapse I came to report here.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          He is Robert1700's business partner. They're parts scavengers/car flippers. Only experience I've had with him is I've tried to call on some stuff (Robert) had for sale a few different times, and kept getting his brother, who had no knowledge of him using his phone number for a craigslist ad...take it for what you will, I guess.
                          ha oh wow both of these guys are my friends

86 blue 325e 4dr- Totaled :[
                          89 red 535i 4dr- sold
                          87 black 325e 2dr- DD
                          84 black 533i 4dr- project

Comment

Anyone want to play the I know the m20 like a fkin baws and can diagnose my rich conditions over the interwebs?

Give it a shot for me. http://www.youtube.com/audio?video_r...&v=vFIQTNrBwb4
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              Looks like everyone already knows about the bridge collapse I came to report here.

Did I just see some mini hovercrafts?!?!? so cool.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                                Thinking of buying another fixie. I had an '09 Bianchi Pista that I bought almost new and it was my favorite road bike I've owned (besides my old race bike.) Too old to ride BMX (my knees can't do it anymore) and don't have time for mountain biking (although I do miss it.) I could go run errands and such on a road bike at least.
                                I seriously miss my Dolan Pre-Cursa. I definitely shouldn't have sold that bike, almost a worse decision than getting rid of my WRX. Lol

But I do absolutely LOVE my Enduro! :D Lol

-Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X