PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Looks like Andy and I are gonna rip the M50 out of his car next week and reseal it.
    Fun! Wish there were a neat swap for the shark. An m50 would be a downgrade. I am thinking s52, but unsure. My motor has only 60k on it, and I don't know if I want to keep it, or get a move on an S52 swap

It's driving better and better since its getting some road time. I think I had a sticky injector, but it just all of a sudden smoothed out on the way home. Italian tune up FTW

Jon

sigpic

Comment

LS swap!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
        LS swap!
        Now that's my kind of swap.
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
          Fun! Wish there were a neat swap for the shark. An m50 would be a downgrade. I am thinking s52, but unsure. My motor has only 60k on it, and I don't know if I want to keep it, or get a move on an S52 swap

It's driving better and better since its getting some road time. I think I had a sticky injector, but it just all of a sudden smoothed out on the way home. Italian tune up FTW

Jon
          You would have more fun with an M90 or B35 motor than a 24v in that car. Convert your B32 to M1.3 in the meantime. It will really wake it up and you will get better fuel economy.

Or, you could say eph it and put an LSx in it ;)
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Lsx would be nice, but American v8 engines are Not my cup of tea.

M1.3 is a good idea. Lots of parts to collect. Maybe I'll head out to the junkyard next week and start piecing it all together

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Lsx would be nice, but American v8 engines are Not my cup of tea.

M1.3 is a good idea. Lots of parts to collect. Maybe I'll head out to the junkyard next week and start piecing it all together

Jon
              I had the whole kit and sold it around Xmas when I was broke. Kept it around in case i bought another 5er or 6er, but it probably won't happen again.

Think I let everything needed go for $300 or so.

Comment

Jon
                Hey on Craig's in portland
                I found a guy selling a engine n trans from a parts car. S52 130k still in car so you can hear it run.
                sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Just did a good bit of reading on the conversion. My question is, regarding ecu chips, can you use b35 chips with a b32 engine??

Jon

sigpic

Comment

ugh... Turner Motorsports apparantly sent the wrong size piston to the machine shop. I ordered .025 overbore and they sent .125. Normally I wouldnt care, but the aluminum block is sleeved and thats a little too much material to shave ...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just did a good bit of reading on the conversion. My question is, regarding ecu chips, can you use b35 chips with a b32 engine??

Jon
                      On M1.0? No. If you go M1.3, you use an E34 DME, so yeah, it would work just fine.

Comment

M1.3 FTW

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Hello from SoCal,

Just curious how big the BMW scene is up in the Washington area (Seattle/Tacoma) I'm saving up right now to hopefully move up there within the next 2 years. I hate LA, too many stupid people here. Lol
                          HIT A LIL' NIGGA WITH A FREEZE POP

Originally posted by MÄDDNESSS
                          i punched my boss last tuesday. so he fired me... waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Two words to decribe the E30/older BMW Scene out here..

Active and thriving.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Also the same two words to describe Joel's most recent flare-up.
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Tis a good scene. I have even been getting thumbs up from Honda guys lately.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Working...
                                X