PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    Finally bought a new amp to replace my exploded Jensen. Hopefully this one will last.
    By the way - wedding planning sucks. I feel like I've been neglecting my e30. Post wedding goal number 1 is painting and installing this fender and bumper I've been sitting on...
    Just have the whole front clip resprayed, that way it looks all nice and fresh!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Has anybody retrofitted an auto-dimming mirror into these older chassis' before? I'm giving it a shot. I picked one up from the junkyard, along with most of my motronic 1.3 conversion. Maybe in the near future ill have a map light for sale...

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Would anyone be interested in a custom mounting bracket set up for the factory AUX fan to mount in front of your radiator when deleting the AC and Mechanical Fan? Spent all weekend fabbing one up, and bit the bullet and bought the OEM mounting brackets for cars WITHOUT AC but with the AUX fan.

If nobody wants it i'll hold on to it, not a bad thing to have! In other news, my Eta stays perfectly cool at Idle (even through this "hot" weather in Seattle this last weekend) with JUST the stock AUX fan controlled with an on/off switch on the high setting. Pretty much only need to turn it on at lights, and stops if the temp reaches about half! Bye, bye fan clutch.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I've always just stuck the fan to the radiator and used oil cooler zip ties to hold it to the radiator.

Comment

Just replaced the radiator two summers ago so I wanted to keep it ding free.

Also, i'm trying to use the least amount of zipties possible on this car to NOT catch flak (sp?) from all the PRO3/Track guys that stop by our shop. Plus, I have access to the right stuff, why not use it?
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Speaking of radiators, my 1 core M42 radiator isnt making the cut so I ordered a 3 core Z3M radiator. Woot

The radiator zip ties provided with most fans do not damage the radiator. Might decrease the cooling capability by a small %

Comment

were you reusing the M42 radiator that was original to the car?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                  were you reusing the M42 radiator that was original to the car?
                  Nope date on the top says 2005. Nothing wrong with the radiator just would rather have extra cooling then the minimum for 24v. So a 2005 M42 radiator will be for sale soon :) I've had hit creep up to 60-70% with my 2500 CFM fan

Comment

Fuck cooling system issues. Go big or go home.

Comment

Picked up an Interstate "Blemished" battery today for the Eta. 48.35 delivered to my desk, with a 1 year warranty. Seems legit.

Also scored a seat belt (gotta have those.), and some grilles. Drove my co workers iX with ICE COLD AC.... I gotta treat myself to an AC service for the Daily for my birthday. Hmmmm
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        Go big or go home.
                        That's what she said

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                          Picked up an Interstate "Blemished" battery today for the Eta. 48.35 delivered to my desk, with a 1 year warranty. Seems legit.

Also scored a seat belt (gotta have those.), and some grilles. Drove my co workers iX with ICE COLD AC.... I gotta treat myself to an AC service for the Daily for my birthday. Hmmmm
                          Gonna r134 convert it? or find illegal r12?
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Illegal R12? Haha how about new old stock? We just bought a 30LB tank of R12. I think a few vendors are also "recycling" R12. Not sure if I'll convert or stay R12. Will most likely convert.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Need the e30 gurus help for a minute...

Any idea why my trunk light + OBC light would go out? Both are not working, everything else seems to be fine and all the fuses are OK.

Any thoughts, r3v?
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

^^Don't 'convert'.

Comment

Working...
                                X