No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove the 2.7i Coupe down to work today for the first time. Man, I'm loving driving the iX than changing over to the Coupe. With M50 injectors (Thanks DR. JOSH!) and a lightweight flywheel it drives really nicely around the city and open roads out here.

Havn't driven it on the freeway yet, (It's on Dinan iX springs... SUPER lifted and bouncy.), but man it feels good to be back in my FIRST E30. Brought her back to life.

When I bought her back last April for 300.00 (Sold my lukebox to a coworker and bought it the same day I found out it was FS) from the kid I sold it to to by my iX, she had a GNARLY knock and was obviously not taken care of. No oil, dirty as all hell. Everything was sticky.

Now with a "refreshed/rebuilt" M20 2.7i, she's got a new lease on life. That my friends, feels good! Hope you all are having a good week as well!
    Last edited by kid325e; 07-11-2013, 03:08 PM.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      Drove the 2.7i Coupe down to work today for the first time. Man, I'm loving driving the iX than changing over to the Coupe. With M50 injectors (Thanks DR. JOSH!) and a lightweight flywheel it drives really nicely around the city and open roads out here.

Havn't driven it on the freeway yet, (It's on Dinan iX springs... SUPER lifted and bouncy.), but man it feels good to be back in my FIRST E30. Brought her back to life.

When I bought her back last April for 300.00 (Sold my lukebox to a coworker and bought it the same day I found out it was FS) from the kid I sold it to to by my iX, she had a GNARLY knock and was obviously not taken care of. No oil, dirty as all hell. Everything was sticky.

Now with a "refreshed/rebuilt" M20 2.7i, she's got a new lease on life. That my friends, feels good! Hope you all are having a good week as well!
      ^This!!! Nice work Paolo! I know you put blood, sweat, and tears into that car!
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
        I'm liking this 225 45 16 on a 16x9 et1
        Looks Oxican to me.

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
        I'm gonna put 225 50 15s on it at this height and rally the fuck out of it. LOL
        I fucking love it. LOVE IT.

Comment

My girlfriend found an old pic of my e30 when it was hers Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373592729.195084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	7157567

Comment

I'm proud of you dude! I still want a ride in her yo

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
              I fucking love it. LOVE IT.
              It's gonna happen, I need some billy hd shocks though, it is pretty unstable with blown out shocks, pretty sketch driving it the way it is now.
              -Andy

Comment

So my cousin bought this 2002 a few months ago I saw pop up on here.

Anyone know the history on it? Seems like a nice car. A little rough but its an old car!

[ATTACH]73917[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                I can't believe someone bought that pile. That was Josh Strohm's car, he is a fucking hack, good luck with it. Check for rust.

Burnout vids stat!
                Last edited by dashboardmonkey; 07-11-2013, 09:05 PM.
                -Andy

Comment

The stupidity in this group is high.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2392..._comment_reply

They make it so easy, they get riled up really easy. hahaha
                  -Andy

Comment

Breaking in the clutch and hoping to have some dope burnout/donut videos by the beginning of August. I built the car to have fun so that's what I intend to do. Without getting tickes.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Breaking in the clutch and hoping to have some dope burnout/donut videos by the beginning of August. I built the car to have fun so that's what I intend to do. Without getting tickes.
                      I just can't quite figure that last part out.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                      sigpic

Comment

Ummm do it at the track/skid pad/private property? Its really not that complicated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Ummm do it at the track/skid pad/private property? Its really not that complicated.

Some are smarter than others, obviously.
                          -Andy

Comment

or Red Robin parking lots, eh Paolo

Glad to hear its running. Im going insane waiting for the machine shop to finish my block.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thats got to be rough but i know its going to be worth it!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                                I can't believe someone bought that pile. That was Josh Strohm's car, he is a fucking hack, good luck with it. Check for rust.
                                LOL, I died, but yeah...car was a great candidate for parts to build a sick 02. Joseph from Munich Motorworks in PDX used to own it a few years ago. Hope the new owner is happy.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X