Clear All

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
    You went to 5er West.
    Das ist trau, frau.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      At least it's a '75.
      Wow! 75? One of the first! E12 chassis are sweet. 5er or 6er?

Anybody know where I can get some m30b35 electronics bits? Need a crank pulley with trigger wheel, bracket for the cps. So many little things to gather up. Wish there was a parts car around!

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Just called on an E12.

What the fuck is wrong with me?
        That's the spirit! We can be e12 BFF's!!!

Comment

And I thought my ball joints were bad

Comment

Just called on an E12.

You started to realize that E30 was the start of BMW building cars that were less driver's cars and more status symbol cars, and are looking for a way out of years of mistaken car ownership?

I relate. I drove VWs for awhile before I woke up. Although I did have a moment of delirium when I bought an E30 vert.

Comment

The girlfriend wants to lift the 323 and rally it.

Looks like I'm now building the 2.7i for the 323 and putting all my bits off the eta on that.

I'll let her destroy the eta instead.

Probably gonns sell the plastic bumper conversion and build tubular bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                Only a few days left for me in the great PNW.

Gonna miss you fuckers.
                I think you'll still technically be in the PNW.

Comment

Originally posted by e34croak View Post
                  That's the spirit! We can be e12 BFF's!!!
                  Yup. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it, but for the price and the rarity of what it is (only ever seen a handful of '75's - on the internet and in person), I couldn't pass it up.

Have a friend going to peep it for me this evening (thanks Roman!)

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                  You started to realize that E30 was the start of BMW building cars that were less driver's cars and more status symbol cars, and are looking for a way out of years of mistaken car ownership?

I relate. I drove VWs for awhile before I woke up. Although I did have a moment of delirium when I bought an E30 vert.
                  E30 is god's chariot, and I'll probably never sell mine. Your car will be part E30 soon enough, anyway :)

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  The girlfriend wants to lift the 323 and rally it.

Looks like I'm now building the 2.7i for the 323 and putting all my bits off the eta on that.

I'll let her destroy the eta instead.

Probably gonns sell the plastic bumper conversion and build tubular bumpers.
                  Wut...

Comment

Erm, called a local reupholstery shop and they gave me a "ballpark" figure of $6000...

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                      You started to realize that E30 was the start of BMW building cars that were less driver's cars and more status symbol..
                      Any e30 is much more a driver's car than a North American e21.

Comment

Originally posted by damir View Post
                        Erm, called a local reupholstery shop and they gave me a "ballpark" figure of $6000...
                        Gold plated saber tooth with platinum thread?

Comment

Damir,

"Could you quote me how much it would cost to replace the engine in my 1987 325is? Like a ballpark figure?"

"Between a 1.00 and 1,000,000.00"

If the shop quoted you 300.00 for the job would you bite? At that price point I wouldn't trust the quality!
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Just called on an E12.

At least it's a '75.
                            I may be coming into possession of a '75 E12 myself. Old teacher of mine picked it up for free off the original owner with 88k miles on it. Hasn't been started in 20 odd years and motor is locked up. Interior is mint, absolutely no rust but needs a repaint. If said teacher cannot get the car started/running with minimal work then it is mine! Went and checked it out on Sunday and he hasn't had too good of progress...
                            "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                              Any e30 is much more a driver's car than a North American e21.
                              LOL at this, but SO true...

Comment

Yup. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it, but for the price and the rarity of what it is (only ever seen a handful of '75's - on the internet and in person), I couldn't pass it up.

Have a friend going to peep it for me this evening (thanks Roman!)

Wut...

Your welcome bud! Lets hope its in decent shape!!

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
                                1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Working...
                                X