Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
    Do what Adam did haha
    Yeah look on ebay, I just found a couple SMGs you could convert. They all go for around 800. Better than paying 2000 for the non-SMG boxes.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Just get another 2002, Patrick.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

      Comment


        Old cars may look good, but are the worst handling, and generally least comfortable things that you can buy.

        I love my TR4 but am thankful that I don't actually have to drive it. Unless streets are smooth, it's just a dog.
        Alpha Team Inductee

        2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

        Comment


          Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Just get another 2002, Patrick.
          They're way overpriced these days. For what it costs to get a worn out, rusty square light I could get one of the above in far better condition.

          Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
          Old cars may look good, but are the worst handling, and generally least comfortable things that you can buy.

          I love my TR4 but am thankful that I don't actually have to drive it. Unless streets are smooth, it's just a dog.
          I have a 3 mile commute and an optional e46.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

          Comment


            Need Lots of Help!!

            Hey guys,

            So of course as i'm trying to sell my car, I notice an oil leak. I can't find out where it's coming from, but it looks like out of my BOV, meaning my turbo seals are probably gone. The even better part is, the oil leaking out is frothy grey! Meaning my headgasket is probably gone too! I also noticed a very strong gas smell in it, and i'm praying my rings are still good.

            My request is a pretty big one, but i'm hoping someone can help me out. I really do not want to take this to a shop as i'm going to get absolutely raped $$$ wise.

            I have absolutely no ability to do this work as I don't have a garage and am not very mechanically inclined. I'm in WAY in over my head with this car. Live and learn though. I want someone to help me get this engine in tip top shape again. Basically, I want someone to do this work for me, while I watch and learn and do exactly as you tell me.

            This is the build thread for my car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216798

            I will of course pay you for doing this, but am unsure of the going rate. My timeframe is pretty big as I plan on most likely buying another car for a DD, and can have this one sitting for a while.

            If anyone is willing to take on a job like this please let me know. Feel free to call or text or respond to this thread. My number is 206 406 1011. I feel like I fucked up pretty good, and am really down about this so please don't flame.

            Thanks,
            Elliott

            Comment


              Originally posted by bighitbiker3 View Post
              Hey guys,

              So of course as i'm trying to sell my car, I notice an oil leak. I can't find out where it's coming from, but it looks like out of my BOV, meaning my turbo seals are probably gone. The even better part is, the oil leaking out is frothy grey! Meaning my headgasket is probably gone too! I also noticed a very strong gas smell in it, and i'm praying my rings are still good.

              My request is a pretty big one, but i'm hoping someone can help me out. I really do not want to take this to a shop as i'm going to get absolutely raped $$$ wise.

              I have absolutely no ability to do this work as I don't have a garage and am not very mechanically inclined. I'm in WAY in over my head with this car. Live and learn though. I want someone to help me get this engine in tip top shape again. Basically, I want someone to do this work for me, while I watch and learn and do exactly as you tell me.

              This is the build thread for my car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216798

              I will of course pay you for doing this, but am unsure of the going rate. My timeframe is pretty big as I plan on most likely buying another car for a DD, and can have this one sitting for a while.

              If anyone is willing to take on a job like this please let me know. Feel free to call or text or respond to this thread. My number is 206 406 1011. I feel like I fucked up pretty good, and am really down about this so please don't flame.

              Thanks,
              Elliott
              That blows. Didn't that car have a fairly recent motor build?

              Comment


                Originally posted by TheDerelict View Post
                That blows. Didn't that car have a fairly recent motor build?
                Yep. Very recent actually

                Comment


                  Originally posted by bighitbiker3 View Post
                  Yep. Very recent actually
                  Damn man. Sorry. I almost bought that car. I talked with the owner for a couple of weeks about it.

                  Comment


                    wow bummer. I hate when this stuff happens... GL
                    Simon
                    Current Car:
                    -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                    -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      Thanks guys, pretty frustrating, but I'm actually kinda looking forward to getting it all done right and having it perfect. Any performance shops in the Seattle area that you guys recommend?

                      Comment


                        Every time I think about selling my car I fix all of the shit I've been meaning to fix and then I like it again. It's a sick cycle.

                        I got her running right - fixed all of the cooling issues. I also finally fixed my cruise control, replaced all of the burned out bulbs in the cluster, repaired my jumpy temp gauge, got rid of the wear sensor light, and FINALLY fixed the issue where my high beams flicker when I turn my blinker on.

                        Now I need to fix my leaky rack and replace my accessory belts.
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

                        Comment


                          I went to the red door meet today...
                          Saw a imported touring that was imported recently. Has the turbo Diesel engine! So clean! He isn't on the fourms and came with his buddy on a bronzit. Told them both to join. Maybe we can get more details if he does join!
                          sigpic


                          1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

                          2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)



                          "R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

                          Comment


                            Got to drive a E92 335i Xdrive with dinan tune and suspension. I'm in love.

                            Comment


                              Nice. That's before they ruined the front-end too.

                              Stick or auto?
                              Alpha Team Inductee

                              2014 Icon E-Flyer
                              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                              2010 Buell XB9SX
                              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                              2002 Mazda Miata LS

                              Comment


                                Thats debatable when they ruined the front end of the 3 series. Personally I like the f30's as well as the e90 and e92. I think the e36 and e46 were the worst IMO.

                                I was an autotragic btw

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X