PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
    My first job was at Cold Stone, I had to sing for tips. Dance monkey, dance!!!
    lol at least you got tips! I've never worked a job that anyone ever gave me a tip. Besides, pumping gas I think I got a tip once or twice.... fucking oregon

Comment

First job: Movie extra.

Hurry up and wait for 12hrs/day.

Food service is a right of passage though, if everyone did it at one point in their life, maybe they wouldn't be quite as horrible.
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

It was a first job I couldn't complain, I usually got really stoned and make waffle cones. Sometime I'd "mess up" when dipping the cones in chocolate and then I'd get to eat them. After working there I'd never eat there, I'd have to skim the gelatinous fat off the top on ice cream after it was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
          It was a first job I couldn't complain, I usually got really stoned and make waffle cones. Sometime I'd "mess up" when dipping the cones in chocolate and then I'd get to eat them. After working there I'd never eat there, I'd have to skim the gelatinous fat off the top on ice cream after it was made.
          Sounds like my second job, i'd go to work drunk and stoned and sell computer hardware and build PC's. Oh to be a kid again!

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            I just told them I would spit in the food and they put me on a register, I have found that it doesnt matter what the job is, anything that deals with the public sucks. People are assholes universally
            This. My goal is to work for a cargo company. No passengers, no problems.
            Originally posted by george graves View Post
            It was suppose to a huge thunderstorm last night - Didn't hear a lick of lightening.
            Really? I flew from Portland to Bellingham last night.... We had to go 15 miles off shore of Hoquiam to avoid everything. We had least two aircraft struck by lightning coming out of Seattle.

This is the radar picture from last night...

Edit... Not sure why it's upside-down... Fucking ipad.
            Attached Files

Comment

Are we in Australia?

Comment

I run the breakfast room at a budget hotel in bummertown

its alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  I didn't find it that funny. Worst fucking job.
                  Try working at toys r us during Christmas....110 hours a week of housewives fighting over the last tickle me Elmo.

Comment

First job was at Togo's. A sandwich company. I hated it because I would still smell like mayonaise and onions even after I showered. Basically got fired because I decided to go to Santa Cruz instead of working. Then I worked at Blockbuster. good times lol... Now I have to wear a suit, but I am done with work at 5 and never have to work weekends again
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sheesh you guys make mine sound easy. I was involved with floor cover; Tile,hardwood floors,laminate, granite slab. I was 12-17.

My first on paper job was Ref at the indoor paintball field in vancouver, xtremez indoor.
                      Then UNFI out in ridgefield
                      Now Lowes, working in the flooring section... back to my roots, working in a place that can only rhythm with one other word.

Comment

Only in PDX!

Comment

First I was a busser.

Then a waiter.

Then a lot Porter at Harris ford.

Then a lube tech at Harris ford.

Left to work at Car Tender as a Porter.

4 years later I'm the parts manager.

Not so sure I would want to be anywhere else to be honest.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I actually miss my first job a lot. I worked in a retirement home down the block from my parents house. Took 3 minutes to walk there and I got paid $10.50 (this was back in '07 when min. wage was much lower than currently). My favorite part about it was the old people though, by far. Sure, there were a few sour pusses, but aside from them they were honestly a pretty damn cool bunch. I'll never forget Wendell who would draw a map of the dining room and chart where all the residents sat that evening every single day on the sugar packets he used in his Earl Gray tea. I've often thought about volunteering at a local retirement home to give some old folks a lil bit of company all because of that job. Maybe one day when I'm not swamped 24/7
                            '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                            '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                            '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Daycare helper

Lawn maintenance for a printing company
                              turned to a press operator.

Costco

Recycling center and trash pickup

Heavy diesel mechanic and lube tech for concrete trucks. Also learned how to use a paint gun.

Back to a different printing press
                              Moved back home from Cali to work at Mac dizzle

Then to the Starbucks and mac d

Then Starbucks
                              Now I'm at Acura. I gotta say that I loved every single job and have never been fired in my life

Jon

sigpic

Comment

And then there are the silver platter/trust fund kids... Don't be shy. Speak up. We all want to feel jealous.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X